8.13.2008

Training Day

Turn up the volume on your computer before you proceed!!!!










For the last two days, we have been installing an "invisible fence". When it says that it only takes a couple of hours to install; I don't know if that includes or does not include the 500 feet of trench that must be dug by hand and the 500 feet of cable that must be buried. I'm sure it doesn't include the 60 flags that must be placed while testing to make sure it works and hoping that somewhere in the 500 feet of cable there is not a break that would force you to dig up the entire thing.



Enough complaining...the system is now operational and baby is in day #2 of training. So far she is EXCEEDING any expectations that we had!! There is a training video that came with the fence, so the whole family is in training mode. Ang had her off leash this morning, and so far so good. Maybe when you set your expectations so low; you are always pleased with the results, or maybe we have a FABULOUS dog!!! We will all continue to believe the latter.



The kids (including Ang) now think we need another dog, but I remain skeptical. We will be updating you on baby's training because this is an eight week course!!







17 comments:

Jen said...

I am impressed with Baby, and she is a FABULOUS dog. The only thing that disturbs me is that the collar is bigger than her head!

Ang said...

I know, it is a little disturbing. She is a major pin head, this was the smallest collar Nate could find. The first system he bought had a frighteningly large bulky metal spiked...torture chamber for her head!

Sheryl said...

Oh, poor baby. It must demoralizing to be her. Between the fence, the collar, and the fashions....how much can one small dog stand?

Shelly said...

Angie, she seems to be missing her work-out clothes, and I'm sure that they make tennis shoes?!!

Sheryl said...

P.S.

You probably need a weiner dog

Ang said...

I am sure Nate would say that a weiner dog is not manly enough for him either, especially if it had a cute pink sweat suit!

Ang said...

Have you guys seen the commercial where the dalmation is training the clydesdale for the budweiser team to the Rocky theme? It is so cute, I love it!

Nate said...

Sheryl...I seem to remember you telling Liv, for perhaps the last FIVE years that YOU were going to get a weiner dog!!!

How about when your weiner dog has puppies...we'll think about taking one of them???

Denise said...

Ah ha ha ha ha! This really brightened my day. Between thinking that Nate would be digging up 500 feet of cable...wait or Craiger crapping 500 feet of cable? Anyway...the video was great and the still picture of baby at the end made me double over with laughter! Her pin head with the ears back oh man!

Sheryl said...

No, I never said was going to get one.....I said I WANT to get one.

There is a big difference in commitment there, but if you guys had one I could love it!

Jen said...

I think that Nate has a point, Mom. And I have heard you say many times, "Someday I am going to get a weiner dog. You just wait." I'll tell you what, if you have a weiner dog and it has puppies I will adopt one of those puppies (as long as it is free!).

Ang said...

Mom, now you have to get a weiner dog so we can all have one!

Weiner dog! Weiner dog! Weiner dog!

Nate said...

I have to agree with Jen...it's like when I use the "we'll see" line with the girls...if I use those words...I better be ready to act...because they will use any glimmer of hope against me.

Your argument is on shaky ground and I know this because I have heard Liv randomly say "I wonder when grandma is going to finally get a Weiner dog"...she does not understand the difference between a "want" and a "NEED"!!!!

You are TRAPPED Sheryl...you must act or forever feel the wrath of your children!! Come on dogs are not a lot of work anyway; especially cute little Weiner dogs!!!!

Sheryl said...

WWAAAAaaa, but it's like starting all over with children! I'm too old for children, but not old enough to sit in a rocking chair with a dog on my lap.

I really am between a rock and a hard place here. How did this thing turn on me so badly? Nate is the one who said you guys wanted another dog. I just suggested a fine breed.

Nate said...

I actually just asked Liv again about it and she said, "grandma WANTS a Weiner dog, but she doesn't want to take care of one". I think you're off the hook, but now that I've let you off the hook; I expect help in my BATTLE!!!

Tilley/Booth said...

I am so happy we have Sly our chinese water dragon! It won't be long until he is as big as baby . We will be purchasing a collar and a leash for him soon.

Steph Thompson said...

Baby is one fine champion animal. Maybe we could get her and Peanut matching sweatsuits, lord knows peanut needs training day!