8.07.2008

Family Fun!!!



The girls and I dropped Ang off for school on Wednesday and decided to go to the Erie Family Fun Center, which is an entertainment park just up the street from our house. We have been wanting to get a new vanity, sink, and toilet for the kid's bathroom, so I told the kids we would just make a "quick" stop to Lowe's on the way. This is where the family "fun" began!


The guy who was helping us took literally two hours to round up everything we needed and get some paperwork filled out for the toilet installation. The girls and I were definitely running out of patience at this point. We got everything loaded up on the cart, paid for it, and took it out to the car. I first tried to fit the toilet in the trunk and it fit easily. I then tried to put the vanity in. It was about an inch too wide. I decided to put it in the back seat, but it was about 1/2 inch too wide. The only other option was to take it out of the box. So we preceded to un-box the entire vanity in the parking lot with a bunch of spectators watching us as they walked into the store...only to find out that it was about 1/4 of an inch too big to fit in the trunk or back seat. This whole process took about 45 minutes and none of us (meaning ME) were in a very good mood through the process. We ended up having to rent the Lowe's truck for $19.99 just to get the thing home. Family Fun at its best.


We did end up at Family First for about 45 minutes, when Ang called us to come pick her up. This was probably a good thing because we had all the "FUN" we could take.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Ahh, family fun! It never seems to go the way you planned, does it?

I know that you will appreciate this advice now, but you shouldn't have paid for installation on your toilet. I know how to install a toilet and it's really easy. Fitting the vanity into your car is something that I probably couldn't help you with, but I will be anxiously awaiting before and after pictures on your bathroom.

I'm sorry the family fun didn't go as planned today, but I am planning on having TONS of family fun with you next weekend!

thebeaver said...

Sense I met this family I've come to know Family Fun...and Nate you are the Ambassador of Family Fun. I just wish I had been there for the fun.

Good luck with the bathroom project! I want to see before and after pics...

Ang said...

All I am going to say is that the car ride home was a little tense! I got 3 versions and bottom line it wasn't as good a time as it could've been.

Rick I just noticed your picture on your comment and I am thrilled!

Denise said...

I wish you could have heard my witch laugh when I read that. You know how loud my laugh can be? For some reason in the last week it has become worse. I would have killed myself. And I still might cause i can't get the god damn computer working :) xoxox

Sheryl said...

Rick, I didn't know you were here! How fun of you to be posting from work.

Nate maybe you can cancel the toilet install. Jen does know how to do it. I watched her.

I too will be anxiously awaiting the before and after pics. They are always fun. I kind of liked the bathroom, but will be interested to see the change.

Denise, are you using Sean's computer to post?

Last thing, I promise. A little advise on family fun. Never plan more than ONE thing to do in a day. It always turns out like that.

Matt-n-Jef said...

It is so nice to see that the whole Tilley family has a life. The extent of my life is work, eat, sleep, work on the house... Boring.... I do need to get, take the dogs and go 4x4ing/camping again. Its been way too long.

Sad thing is the dog beach is only a 10 minute drive and I can't even get my dead butt out to do that.

Ang said...

Jef - get to the beach you lazy OF!
I am doing "homework" right now and Nate is in there working on the mother f'ing vanity ... it doesn't look like fun ... they built the bathroom for midgets. I can't wait to see the finished project. Back to the books for me!

Nate said...

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

My neighbor also told me that installing a toilet was easy and he said he would have helped. The problem is that the toilet has been on there for 40 years...the bolts holding it on are totally corroded...and after the "leaky" problems I am having with the sink...I am more than happy to pay $90 to have them come in and remove my old toilet and haul it away with them!!!

Jen said...

Yeah, I had to deal with the whole corroded bolt situation myself. The first time I changed out a toilet it probably did take at least 5 hours and 3 return trips to the hardware store to get it installed, and I do recall thinking that I would pay any amount of money not to ever have to do that again. And, as is a theme with all of my home improvement projects, I do remember a lot of sweat. Fortunately my subsequent toilet repairs and moves have all been much easier.

Watching a professional do the work for you is the easiest job of all, so enjoy it!

Tiff and Trev said...

He he he. I'm always leary of Trevor when he makes us go to any home improvement store...no matter how quick he says we'll be...it always takes much longer. I bet the girls had a blast...and are looking forward to more "family fun" with you, Nate!

When do Lex and Liv start school? Are they getting excited?

N and J said...

Ah I have to agree with Tiff and Tara. I hate Lowe's I won't go in one. Our last visit was to get chem for the hot tub. 3 employees later we still couldn't find the right stuff. The time before that we were doing the taking out of the box routine with a couple of patio chairs. Which we hauled out by ourselves and took out of the boxes and crammed into the jeep by ourselves. You gotta love today's customer service. We are too old to install anything ever again. So I say in order to preserve life it was good you had your toilet installed.