8.25.2008

Our Version of Randomness!!!

We (or I should say "I") have been slacking on the blog lately. Betweeen job hunting, yard work, and being a stay-at-home father I have plenty of excuses, none of which are reason enough to be such a SLACKER. I do hold myself to the same standard as everyone else, and I have let down my TEAM and my COUNTRY (oh ya the Olympics are another excuse I have). I thought as a tribute to my laziness; I would post some of our favorite pictures of the last week. The first picture is of the girls at Niagara Falls. You will notice that there are several Tilley girls missing from the picture, that is: STEPH and AVA, JO, and DENISE. They have not yet come to visit us, although I'm sure the NEXT beach vacation will be Lake Erie!!! The Barnes Girls, now that's an entirely different story!!!

The next picture is of Lex next to the tallest man in the World. Or should I say the tallest man in the world in 1972, which was the last time the Guinness Museum updated their exhibit. If you ever go to Niagara DO NOT go to this museum.



Moving on....we have a picture of Rick and Sheryl overlooking the falls and the darling Olivia!!!



The next few pictures are of swimming at Presque Isle and Lex showing Rick and I how to play basketball.







Finally, these kids have been going through bird feed like its candy. We fill up the bird feeder about once a week and then its empty. The picture below shows why. None of us has seen how he gets up there, but Lex said he jumps over to the pole and slides down like a fireman when he's done eating!!!


13 comments:

Ang said...

If you are wondering where I am making this comment from, it is from the depths of HELL! I am in a spirituality lecture at school, details about that later....

It has been a fabulous week and I am so glad you got it all posted.

Even though the chipmunk is eating us out of house and home, he is sooooo cute!

Tiff and Trev said...

I agree with Ang, I think your chipmunk is adorable! Looks like you had fun with Ang's family...looks like the Barnes side needs to make an appearance! Tara and Wes are addicted to vacations, so they'll probably be next :o)!

Hope everything is going well...how's the job hunting going, Nate?

Sheryl said...

Awesome post Nate. Except for the pictures of the fat people. That is NOT right! How did that happen?

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and I love that you got a picture of the chipmonk. Hungry little bugger. I wonder if it is just one, or if they all look alike!

Shelly said...

Looks like a fun week!! We were glad to see another post.

I say lets meet somewhere Tropical when Angie gets a break from school!! Not that it doesn't look nice and tropical in Erie...

Denise said...

My next beach vacation WILL be Erie. JoLyn and I were thinking Thanksgiving? We would NOT be doing the beach though...

Sheryl said...

I just noticed that I spelled chipmunk wrong in my post. NERD.

Jo and Denise.....DO IT. Also, Denise blog your trip. Jo, blog something!

Jen said...

Yes, Jo, blog SOMETHING!

I say who cares if you are feeding birds or chipmunks? They are both wildlife and they are both fun to watch. I bought premium food and I haven't had birds or chipmunks or anything else at my feeder. I did smell a skunk the other night, but I don't want to encourage that kind of wild life. I also get wasp buzzing around my hummingbird feeder, but I never have seen a humming bird use it. I guess I am just a loser!

N and J said...

I loved your version of randomness although beware it gives us all insight to what really makes you tick. Like Marc's 365. Do you check it out regularly? That guy takes some weird pictures but it is fun to see what he will come up with next. I say pass the blog job around if you are feeling like a slacker! Liv could probably come up with some interesting stuff. Don't let this blog stuff control you. (Your eyes are getting heavy, when I snap my fingers you will awake and feel the need to blog!)

N and J said...

The chipmunk must have been blogging with the squirrels here. We have noticed that the squirrels get to a lot of our bird food also. Our first clue was little muddy footprints up the pole where it is hanging. I learned fast what they really like. If you have chipmunks don't plant tulips, they will go right behind you and dig them up. They hate daffodills though.

Nate said...

Jen...if you build it they will come. You have to lure them in...and sometimes the designer "bird feed" is not enough.

Thanks for the advice on the squirrels and chipmunks. I just cut down a bunch of limbs on their favorite mulberry tree, so I kind of feel bad for them. The bird feed is cheap...and although the next door neighbor considers them rodents...I consider them an irreplaceable part of the landscape. You don't see many squirrels or chipmunks in a condo.

Ang said...

We have been really loving the cardinal family that is frequenting the feeder. The male and female have two babies that they are bringing now. It is so fun to watch them. I would like to stalk them and find out where their nest is!

Steph Thompson said...

Brian calls them tree rats, as they like to fill up his lower garage with walnuts....and I mean literally fill up! I however still think that they are cute.

Yes Jen, you are a loser to the wildlife. I agree with Nate, the "premium" as you call it bird food is NOT enough. Maybe you should put some cute figurines around, I don't know but I'm pretty sure they like Knomes!

Steph Thompson said...

I spelled Gnomes wrong, now I am the loser! ;(