8.27.2008

End of Summer...Start of School

Today was the first day of school and I don't know who was more nervous: our children or US!!! We should be seasoned "vets" at the school thing, but this is the first year that both kids won't be attending the same school, so that's what we are blaming the nerves on. Lex and Liv will both ride the bus.

Lex is starting Middle School at J.S. Wilson. She has 5 classes a day and the school she is attending is amazing. It is a newly remodeled "Green" school with all the modern technology. It utilizes the "pod" structure that has each grade in a separate section of the school. There are computer monitors throughout the school that show how much energy is being used, how it is being generated, and the savings compared to traditional energy. Ang and I were EXTREMELY impressed with the school and the curriculum. I wish Lex would have allowed me to take more pictures of her, but I had to beg for the few that I got.











Liv will be attending 2nd grade at Chestnut Hill Elementary. She has Mrs. Issacks and she seems VERY nice. The school is also really nice and they have about 10 brand new Apple computers in every room. Ang and I were very impressed with the principal and the curriculum that they are teaching. As you can see from the picture of Liv getting off the bus, they use the "old school" buses that look like trucks.




11 comments:

Ang said...

Oh how sweet it is! I lucked out and didn't have any morning classes today, otherwise I would have been a basket case I am sure.

I miss them to pieces but we have been soooo ready for this!

Jessica said...

I cant believe the summer is over either and Im shocked Bradley is in 2nd grade. Im sure your stunned that your baby is in 2nd grade.

Marc T. said...

Love 'Liv's new hairdo!

School will be fun for them, I'm sure. I know Shelly's about ready for school to get into full swing. The first week has been partial days for Kylee.

Jen said...

Lex and Liv, you looked gorgeous for your first day of school! I hope that you had a great time, and I hope that you make wonderful friends. You girls are awsome and I love you!

~Cynthia~ said...

Such darling, darling girls, and so lucky to have parents that remember to take their picture on the first day! The poor third child of mine hasn't had one in years. I don't know if it is age or busy-ness that keeps me from remembering.

I hope they make lots of new friends. I'm glad you like the schools. Cayla goes to a pod school too.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen! dad why did u have to get a picture of me walking away.

Sheryl said...

Awesome pics of you gorgeous girls on you first day. I hope you will each do a little blog piece and tell us how you like your school, teachers, kids in your classes.

I hope you have a great year, make tons of friends and love your school experience!

Mom and dad, they are great kids and will be fine!

Shelly said...

How would it be to have a great school system?!! I guess if we move we'll find out.

Lex and Liv are DARLING. Such cute outfits and hair.

I was as ready as you Angie, I was sad for about 2 seconds and have been in heaven ever since!!

Denise said...

Looking good girls!! We need a full report on how the first day went. The schools look great!

N and J said...

Wow talk about tugging at your heart strings. I almost started crying when I saw the picture of Lexi walking away. It's soo great you are preserving all the memories. Because after all me and Ang were never going to get into the scrapbooking mode. Remember Ang when you had all that spare time? The girls looked adorable. I loved their outfits and Livi's new hair-do is very pretty. We look forward to hearing how they like their new schools.

Tiff and Trev said...

The girls looked like knock-outs for their first day of school. What babes! Hope you two have a good time at school and meet lots of new friends! We miss you guys!