7.26.2008

The Final Countdown

So, I had this great idea that we should get one more project done before I started school.

Most of the molding in the house was still in a natural wood color when we bought it. We painted all of it white but still had the ugly, one panel, wood, 1970's doors throughout. We had been planning to change them out with new white doors, we decided we should just get it done, so off to home depot we went. We bought the new doors, got them home and painted. Then came the hanging of the doors, once again we really underestimated the scope of this project. I really don't have anything nice to say about hanging doors and Nate definitely took one for the team. By 7:30 in the evening with only two of the six doors hung we decided to break out the gin. The rest went on like clockwork!
Today I had registration for school and they held an orientation for friends and family as well. I am starting to feel a little anxious and nervous. The orientation was really nice, they gave us an overview and tour of the school. It was fun to have Nate see where I would be and what I would be doing.

My white coat ceremony will be this coming January 10th I believe, and graduation is June 3, 2012! I start school Monday so let's hope I can make it.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I will mark my calendar!

Sheryl said...

Well, I am definitely going to have to be there for the white coat ceremony. That will be too cool. Of course you will make it, and since I don't think I can even buy a 2012 calendar yet, I will wait to mark that one.

I guess I will have to come up again, now that there will be a door on the bedroom. I am going to need a demonstration on how to put the hinges on. Thank goodness for gin. Nectar of the Gods!

Marc T. said...

You will do Kick Ass Awesome!

We Love and Miss You!

Tiff and Trev said...

Good luck, Ang! I know you're going to do great. 2012 does seem like a long way....but then I forget that it's already 2008...it will come before you know it!

Hope Nate and the girls can survive med school with you! When do the girly's start school?

Ang said...

The girls don't start school until the end of August, so they have time to play still.

Matt-n-Jef said...

Isn't it amazing what a nice coat of white paint will do for hideous trim colors?

And yes Sheryl.. the beer always helps me to get things done throughout the projects.. Shame on me.

Denise said...

You are incredible to me....that is all I have to say.

And get that baby out of the hallway!

Shelly said...

I second that Angie, you are amazing!! I have a hard time helping my kids with math homework.
I won't mention thats 3rd grade math!!