7.19.2008

Canada...eh!

We decided it was time to cross the border to Marineland and Niagara Falls.




Marineland was a really nice park with several shows staring various sea animals. They also had a deer park and black bear exhibit as well as some pretty fun rides.


The girls fed and pet the beluga whales. I didn't get a picture of the bears but they were so stinking cute. They were enclosed in a big grassy area with a pond in front that several were swimming in and you could feed them. The bears would just sit and wait for you to throw them food, one of the bears only wanted to catch it in his mouth, if you missed he was to lazy to move and pick it up. It was really entertaining, Liv just giggled and giggled about it.






We spent the majority of our day at the theme park, which Nate and I now kind of regret. When we got to Niagara Falls we wished we would have had more time to do some of the excursions there. The views were breathtaking and the pictures don't do the area justice. The street that ran the length of the falls was so green and lush with flowers and shrubs, we picked a restaurant that overlooked the horseshoe falls, it was so relaxing. We could have sat there all night if we didn't have a little baby to get home to.



12 comments:

Jessica said...

I never really wanted to visit Niagra Falls but seeing your pictures might just change my mind. It looks Georgeous.

Sheryl said...

Well, that seriously looks like too much fun. Now I really need to come back and do that. I don't want to have to wait until next summer! I need to come NOW.

Tilley/Booth said...

It's a good thing you are checking out all the great places before you get to busy with work and school. How come I wasn't invited?

Marc T. said...

Very Nice Eh!

We really need to come visit to see all the fun stuff you are discovering!

Miss Ya!

Ang said...

Jolyn, you will be invited when you start participating on a regular basis. You are the weakest link, goodbye!

Steph Thompson said...

How fun is that! I had no idea they had stuff like that out there! I need to take a beluga whale home!!! Please just one, this is the only place we can get one!!!

Steph Thompson said...

I agree Jo is the weakest link!

Ang said...

Ava does need a baby beluga.

Jen said...

I'm so jealous! I want to pet a beluga whale too. I love belugas! I can just picture that lazy bear sitting there waiting for food to be thrown into it's mouth. The image sort of reminds me of dad...

Jen said...

Oh, and by the way, I agree that Jolyn is the weakest link. Goodbye!

Denise said...

Your new life is really starting to piss me off...lol. I am beyond jealous at this point.

Matt-n-Jef said...

I am jealous that you Tilley's can always afford to be vacationing to exotic and out of the country places. How do you afford it all the time? Maybe because you don't live in expensive and over priced California!?? I came here for the gold rush. I guess I was decades too late for that.