7.31.2008

Lake Erie or The Erie Ocean?














We decided to go to the beach again today. We have already been once this week, but since the girls got boogie boards a couple of weeks ago; they have been dying to catch some waves. As we drove down Presque isle; Lexi was convinced that this was going to be another calm day at the beach because the trees weren't blowing and the bay was calm. Oh, was she wrong.
The waves were about 6-8 feet tall and knocked me over several times. Liv would get churned under the water on the big waves, but she would always bounce back up and ask for more. Lex was a maniac and was diving under the waves when they came in. The life guards at Lake Erie are kind of Nazi's and they will only let you swim about 50 yards out, but it was still a lot of fun.

By the way...we are trying to show everyone what great things there are to do out here...because we want some visitors!!!


15 comments:

Jessica said...

Was this a Nate post or an Angie post because if its Nate thats 2 good ones in a row. Im impressed!

Ang said...

It was Nate...I would like to take credit though!

I will let you all know how my first week went Friday night or Saturday. It has definitely NOT been a day at the beach!

Marc T. said...

The beach is nice, but you can't ride your bike down it...

Looks Fun!

Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Dad why did u put that picture of me on there!

Sheryl said...

Nate, thanks for putting that picture of Lex on there!

Wow, those waves are way sweet. Pretty impressive. I really do need to come back. If we can just get the Beaver out of the hospital.

Jen said...

That looks totally awesome! I can't believe that you guys have so many cool attractions nearby. I am jealous.

Nate said...

Why is the Beaver in the hospital? I hope it's nothing serious!!! That being said...make sure you get some pictures so you can blog the experience!

Alexis...I am your father!!! And when you move out on your own...you can start deciding what goes up on the blog and you can get another dog (ha ha).

Jen...I thought you would be the one sister that would come visit us, but I guess with all your projects you don't have any time!

Unknown said...

What makes u think i will have my own blog. huh huh(ha ha ha)

love ya

Eve said...

Lex, get a blog! ;-}

Jen said...

I am still trying to figure out if I can make it out to see you before school starts.

Matt-n-Jef said...

Wow.. I didn't know those lakes had waves? How awesome is that.

Tilley/Booth said...

I sure hope we make it out there by the end of the summer!

Love you guys!

Tiff and Trev said...

How fun! We're super jealous! The only lake I've really been to is Bear Lake and there certainly aren't waves like that there!! The girls will be pros on their wake boards in no time!

P.S~ I think Lexi should start posting blogs on here. That would be fun! Then you can put funny pictures of your mom and dad :o)!

Unknown said...

Tiff i love ur idea!

thanks

Unknown said...

no i will not get a blog! Grandma