7.13.2008

If you build it...they will come?

Well we finally got around to tackling the front yard.
This is a picture of the front yard before we bought the house, not bad but in need of some color.
















We dug up the grass around the front porch to make room for a flower bed, baby was extremely busy and helpful.




















We got some white rockers from Cracker Barrel and put them together...nothing like the nightmare of the IKEA furniture.






Spent more then what we budgeted on shrubs and flowers and turned our boring porch into a little slice of heaven. I saw this Hibiscus topiary at Home depot and had to have it...Nate caved when I gave him the pleading and begging puppy dog eyes.










Nate and I are proud parents of a weeping blue atlas and a contorted filbert, or as we lovingly refer to them, the blue weeper and naughty harry. We love the other shrubs and flowers but admit that we do have favorites. The style here is very natural, no curbing, thank God.








After sweating our butts off for two days (80 - 85 degrees) digging and planting, I went in to clean up and came out to take the pictures and the clouds had rolled in. We were pretty excited to get to enjoy our first rain storm so soon. It is just so refreshing to sit out there and watch the weather and smell the rain with a glass of wine, some cheese and chocolate. Seriously, I don't think life gets better than that!

We are seriously waiting for more visitors, I have two weeks til school starts so HURRY!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Good Job on the flower bed, I thought it was hard to do mine and I didn't even have to dig the grass up first. Isn't it so satsifying to see your house and yard the way you want it.

Marc T. said...

Looks FANTASTIC! Well Done!
Wanna fly out and do our backyard?

Sheryl said...

Holy Crap! You really went to town on that! I can't believe what a difference a few plants made. It really is gorgeous. The chairs are cute too, but I am a little bit surprised. I thought you were leaning more towards the wicker. Great job!

Sheryl said...

P.S.
I don't think that baby looks all that helpful. ;-}

Denise said...

Oh my goodness it looks beautiful. You sound so happy there....damn it...this means you are never coming back lol. The baby do look lovely.

Steph Thompson said...

Baby is a real jerk! Although she do look real natural in that setting! I guess she almost looks as natural lying on the grass as she would peeing on the carpet! ha ha ha!The yard looks fantastic! Your girls will be extremely jealous when they see the pics of our trashy trampoline!