7.23.2008

Rain Delay

We had a massive rainstorm today. Literally the rain pours down in sheets, I have never in my life seen storms like these. From what we hear from neighbors this has been a wet summer compared to the normal, but that the storms are typically big like this when they come. We sat on the front porch for nearly two hours watching. I tried to capture some of the lightening strikes and thunder on camera but failed miserably. Every time I picked a spot to video the lightening would strike in another area, oh well!

I was going to be blogging the work we did in the yard yesterday, we tore out a bug eaten over grown bush, I failed to take the after picture when we got done. So of course it has been raining all day today and now I will have to get one tomorrow. Sorry!

So instead we finished decorating above our fireplace mantel. Jef was the only one to give me his opinion (the rest of you are worthless!) we liked the idea of a flat screen T.V. but since we bought a big one for the family room we had to restrain ourselves...and we kind of wanted to get away from just having a T.V. on all the time, in every room.

So we just went with a simple orchid, mirror and a picture I took of one of the Lake Erie beaches.



I will get a picture up tomorrow of the yard come Hell or high water.

6 comments:

Marc T. said...

I really miss those thunder storms. Lightning that knocks power out in the house for a couple seconds because it's so close... Thunder that makes your insides shake... Good Times!

Sheryl said...

Sweet! You got that rancid shrub out. That is awesome. I can't wait to see what it looks like naked.

The fireplace is gorgeous. Good call not putting TV in there. You probably get way better sleep than most of us do with the squawk box going constantly.

(Those girls in the corner of the picture are awfully pretty too)!

Denise said...

I can NOT wait to come see your house. I just think it looks awesome!!! I need a house for you to decorate :)

Jen said...

Your room looks awsome. You are much better at color schemes than I am! I should have had you picking out colors for my house.

Unknown said...

I miss the rain so much. This desert crap is getting old. I think we had only two good rainstorms a year for the last two or three. We were in Atlanta bout five years back and got on of those sheets of rain and thunder.

Tiff and Trev said...

Don't you just love summer rain? I'm jealous! It hasn't rained here in forever...at least during the day. The rain decides to come during the night when it finally does come so we can't even enjoy it. It rained quite a bit up in Canada so that was nice.

You guys have such a nice porch for watching storms too. How fun!