7.26.2008

Hoops


Our long awaited basketball hoop finally arrived. For those of you who don't know the situation, I will now fill you in.

When we came and looked at the home and made an offer there was a basketball hoop cemented in on the side of the driveway. The 30 days between offering and closing on the home we talked about all the things we loved about the house with the girls, obviously the hoop was a big one. Upon our arrival for the final walk through, an hour before closing, we immediately realized the basketball hoop was a no show. The jerk seriously dug it up out of the cement!


We get to the attorney's office to close and start trying to negotiate some sort of compensation. Long story short the sellers are a real piece of work and were not going to compromise anything. We were left with two options; 1) walk away and see if the sellers would reconsider negotiating later, or 2) take the $250 the sellers realtor offered to pitch in for a new hoop and call it good. Having nowhere to go with all our possesions in a rental truck and not willing to play a game of chicken, we took option 2.

Needless to say we purchased a basketball hoop and had it installed. Now that it is here we are glad we bought our own and had it installed because the prior hoop wasn't as nice and the previous owner installed it himself.

Lexi will be trying out for the basketball team in 2 1/2 weeks so Coach Barnes has his work cut out for him. Cross your fingers and your toes for Lex!

15 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go, Lex! I think it is so cool that you have the talent for sports. When I was a kid I didn't have the coordination to do anything. I couldn't shoot a basket, I couldn't hit a golf ball to save my life, and the few times that my fists connected with a volleyball I hit it straight up into the ceiling. I was and continue to be a real loser. I love you and miss you and I will have all of my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Sheryl said...

That really looks fantastic, and you have such a nice wide driveway to play on. Very nice! I believe that Lex will do very well. And, I see that Liv is shooting hoops as well. I should have waited to come until all the fun equiptment was installed. Rope swing, basketball, hammock. You guys are living the high life.

Ang said...

We just wanted to give you a reason to come back!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen! but i dont think u are a loser and well i probly wont make the team cause i am not that good but lets hope. love u and miss u!B)

Ps. Thanks grandma! love ya

Steph Thompson said...

What kind of comment is that! You will totally make the team! You have been great in every sport and activity that you have ever tried! That is awsome! I have no talent and no class, oh wait that's another subject....I have no coordination for sports. That will be so much fun. Keep up the practice! I won't wish you luck, because you don't need any! You are already on the team!!!!

Unknown said...

ITs my kinda comment! i dont know for sure if i will make it cause there are some really good people. And u do to have talent! Well it is still nice to wish someone luck even if they dont need it.(which is will).

Thnx Steph
love ya!

Ang said...

What lovely comments,now I am crying, I miss you guys!

Denise said...

The hoop looks awesome! I am so excited for you Lex....I will keep my fingers crossed and I know you will be great. I never was much good at basketball....but you remind me of myself when I was your age. I loved the sports!! I mildly had coordination and talent ha ha. Love you!

Shelly said...

You are letting Nathan help coach her?!! Lets hope he doesn't get kicked out of the games like Grandpa Barnes did!! Good Luck Lexi, You'll do fantastic!! We'll be cheering for you!!

Grandmajoann said...

Hi to you all! I have been trying to sign up so I can send comments and it is getting real discouraging. I just love your Blogs and read them everyday. Lex, just keep pracaticing....You will be surprised at how much you will improve each day, but don't wear that old dad out!!!

Tiff and Trev said...

I can't believe they seriously dug it out of the cement. CHEAP! Your new hoops looks good, and it looks like it'll be put to good use. It's crazy to think Nate has a daughter old enough to try out for junior high basketball when I remember going to his jr high basketball games. Hopefully Nate can keep his mouth shut more than his dad during the games :o).

Unknown said...

Thnx denise! Wat kind of sports were u into?

Love u!!!!

Unknown said...

Lets hope not! Hahahahahahahaha


Thnx Shelly

Unknown said...

I remember shooting hoops when I was that age with Nate! I loved playing basketball. My parents never saw the awesome talent I had and never put me on a team. All that wasted talent :)! Good luck on making the team Lex! You are good at everything you try. We miss you guys!!!

Unknown said...

I didnt know u played Basketball! Thats cool!
Thanks!

Miss u too!