11.20.2008

Umm I think it is definitely Hell



Well if the 2 feet on the ground wasn't enough, we are supposed to get another 2 feet of lake effect snow by Saturday. In just over an hour we have 3 1/2 inches that have accumulated on the driveway so team Nate and Liv decided to shovel it off so it won't be so hideous in the morning. Alyssa I am ready to switch places with you!



Luckily somebody decided to winterize the baby before it got ugly! Yes, she is wearing boots! These are just her disposable booties, I decided she needed some heavy duty protection and ordered her a deluxe pair over the internet and they haven't made it here yet. She is quite the fetching little animal.
In other news, school is going okay. I started a new pathway now that anatomy is over, where I do not have to go to lecture all day but am on my own to learn the material for each subject using a spiral-bound module as a guide. Then, typically, I take one exam and move on to the next subject. So far I am really undecided if this type of learning will work for me, mostly due to the fact that I failed my first subject. So I will get to remediate that little gem this summer! In my second subject, biochemistry, we had two weeks to learn and understand 42 chapters, and if you were wondering 746 pages, and I barely passed. Thank goodness because I was ready to pack my bags and get the heck out of dodge if I didn't! It was absolutely 2 really ugly weeks, I was putting in ridiculous hours studying and to barely pass has me extremely worried, besides I think Nate might have been ready to kick my butt out on the street because I have been such a treat to be around! I am trying not to dwell on the first failure as 1/3 of my class failed it right along with me but I am just ticked off at myself and slightly annoyed that it will eat into my summer vacation.
I have two more subjects to get through and a few other finals in December from courses that have been on going from the start of the school year but am really looking forward to winter break. Luckily the current subject I am working on is microbiology, so being a microbiology major should help out somewhat. It is just incredible the difference in the level of mastery that is expected in graduate school compared to the undergraduate level. I could literally complain for hours but I will stop now!

14 comments:

Jessica said...

It has to get better right? I cant even imagine trying to learn all that in such a short amount of time. I wish we had some snow. It has been in the 50s all week. It doesn't even seem that thanksgiving could be around the corner.

Ang said...

Well I am totally jealous Jessica. And not just because you have 50 degree weather, but because you are already done with school and working and making money!!!! And, yes, it has got to get better, I am optimistic.

Shelly said...

SNOW... We're still in short sleeve shirts!! It was 60 degrees today. I can't believe how much snow you guys are getting.

Good Luck as you continue your studies Ang, I'm sure glad it's you and not me!!

Matt-n-Jef said...

Love the boots..

We took Emily and Bryce on a hike over rocky terrain and on the way back from a long hike Emily couldn't walk anymore.

Poor thing had blisters all over her paws. she couldn't walk or stand for days. We had no idea. We are such bad parents. I felt terribly AWFUL!!

Luckily her pads were back to almost normal within four days. But she was in so much pain. It was as if the pads on her feet were falling off!!!

We bandaged them up and put neosporin on them. Of course she would keep tearing off the bandages and licking the neosporin off of her paws... Darn dogs, don't know whats best for them!!!

Needless to say we will have to get some her booties before that ever happens again. I had never heard of such a thing before, so we had no idea that could even happen..

And by the way.. I am jealous that you people actually get seasons, rain, thunder, snow... Dont knock it until its gone. Yes the weather is always beautiful here, but if you grew up with the change of the seasons you do actually miss it after 22 years.. OMG!!! I have been here for 22 years!!! What was I thinking? How I miss you all and can't wait to see... MOST of you.

Nate said...

I guess there had to be negative after enjoying such a fabulous summer and fall. The cost of living is low, the people are friendly, the lake is fabulous during the mild summers, the golf is CHEAP, but now we are experiencing why some people might not want to live here.

We have lived in a condo for the last 4 years where we never had to shovel, so actually having to DEAL with snow is something totally new to us. It does suck at times, but I also really enjoy it so far. We will see how our attitudes change over the next couple of months.

Ang said...

Jef, get those babies of yours some boots! Our doberman had problems with the pads of her paws too when we would take her running with us and we felt awful. I never tried boots on her and now I wish I would have, because they obviously caused her so much pain. I read something the other day that said if you have hard wood floors your dog should have some sort of protection on their paws??? What the heck, I don't know about that but maybe they do!

Sheryl said...

Is this what they mean when they say "When hell freezes over"?

Ang said...

Yes, mother and it has!

I think it is time for us to vacation somewhere warm .... like MESA!!! I could go for your 80 degree temperatures about now.

Sheryl said...

Seriously, why are you still up?:

Ang said...

I am getting my butt to bed, if I want to blog I have to get it in when I am done with studying! I have got to have some kind of life even if it is the blog... I am officially a loser!

Grandmajoann said...

Oh my, you just amaze me. How can you cram so much in your head! I am so impressed. I do hope the rest of your classes are easier. Just keep thinking of your end result and you will do just fine. That goal is worth a lot of work.
I suppose I should have known you would be in a snowy area, but I just didn't think about it. Good luck with the shoveling. Maybe you should get a snow blower!

Tilley/Booth said...

Listen gal...I know that you are busy...I really just wanted to see you out there shoveling with the crew. You are some sort of super woman...JUST GET IT DONE! Can't you do everything! Oh... maybe you could find a mini shovel for baby!

Sheryl said...

Jo, the baby don't shovel snow! She is a princess!

Tiff and Trev said...

Yikes! I definitely don't envy you guys right now! I'm sure our time will come too soon though. Good thing you've got little helpers though.

Sorry you've been so busy with school, Ang, that stinks! Christmas is just around the corner though! I hope you get a nice long break!