11.04.2008

The Change We Need

Nate and I had the good fortune of being able to attend an Obama rally yesterday with Bill Clinton as the keynote speaker. As Obama supporters we were thrilled to get to be a part of the excitement. This was the line in front of us....


And this was the line behind us....


Here is the man of the hour, we were not disappointed, he is a brilliant speaker and we left with a real sense of hope and excitement.


I have to say that I have never been courted for my vote like I have been here in Pennsylvania. We have been able to witness first hand the grassroots effort that Obama has so brilliantly put together. We have had 4 Obama supporters come to the door over the past 2 months to make sure we know the location of our polling place and to check if we needed any literature, for the record not 1 person from the McCain camp. Of course Nate and I live for this stuff, especially Nate, so we have really enjoyed this level of interaction.

Here is a really good looking bunch of Obama volunteers that came knocking on the door today!


Nate and the girls took to the streets today by joining the volunteer effort at Obama campaign headquarters. They were in charge of canvasing neighborhoods to get out the vote. Liv was interested enough that she stood in line for an hour with me and Nate to vote this morning and then was ready for more in the afternoon to go door to door with Lex and Nate.



We are glued to the T.V. at this point with severe anxiety for our guy, Pennsylvania just went to Obama, woohoo, we are so proud of the girls for getting involved! If he loses the election don't plan on hearing from us for awhile as we will be in a state of shock and deep depression!!!! Canada is a hop, skip and a jump away....don't make me go Alec Baldwin on you!

15 comments:

Sheryl said...

I think it is awesome that you all got involved. I would love to have had time to participate like that. It is very cool that the girls are interested in the process. Good job, ladies!

I am, of course, not rooting for your guy and may run for the border myself. I'm thinking Mexico or Australia though. I like a more tropical location!

Ang said...

I am not opposed to a tropical venue!

Alyssa Findlay said...

I totally wish we lived in a battleground state like that. I would have loved to volunteer. Steph has been out knocking on doors 3 or 4 days per week for the past month or so. She's been working her tail off for Barack. It's getting scary now though! Hopefully he will win!

Julie said...

I also am impressed that your whole family got involved. I did not vote for Obama but as it looks like he is our next president I hope you are right about him. If we all end up out of the country can we all go together?

~Cynthia~ said...

I wish I could echo your hopefulness that he is the right man for the job, but I seriously fear for our country. Not that I felt McCain was an ideal candidate, but Obama scares me to death. I am thinking this day will go down in history as the day the people of the United States made the biggest mistake ever. We know that the day will come that the constitution will hang by a thread, and I think that day is near upon us as Obama clearly has no regard for the constitution. I can only hope that I am wrong and you are right, and if so, I will gladly eat humble pie.

Ang said...

I am baking the pie right now as he was revered as a professor of constitutional law. He is without a doubt the man for the job.

Shelly said...

Obviously alot of people see something in Obama that we don't!!
I'm nervous to see where our country will go from here.

What a great thing to get your kids so involved in the whole voting process. It's something I will keep in mind for the next elections!!

Megan said...

That's exciting you guys got so involved...but I do have to agree with your mother...a run for the border might be in the works...the dude scares me a little.

Ang said...

None of your scare tactics work on me, Utah lives in a bubble of fear!!! Get out and realize that the world is an amazing place where people really can live and love each other regardless of their differences. Hell, Nate and I lived among all of you for all these years!!!

Denise said...

We can't make the biggest mistake of our lives as Americans.....we already did that electing President Bush!!!

That is so cool that you guys were so involved. I would have loved to go see Bill Clinton speak. He was truly a great President. This whole thing is right up you and Nate's alley! I think Angela Barnes by 2016?

N and J said...

Norm says... I'm so glad the elections are over or did someone say they are already starting the campaign for 2012? I certainly think the stronger, more intelligent candidate won. I wish I could have been there to go door to door with the girls. I would have gladly given them my vote. Obama ran one of the smartest campaigns ever. Many years ago I had the opportunity to support J.F.K. Those were the days. We have a new president. Let's give him 100% support and not find fault. His acceptance speech was awesome and makes me proud to be an American.

Sheryl said...

MEXICO! MEXICO!

Steph Thompson said...

Obama will be an incredible president! All of those hoping for a run for the border might keep in mind how they feel about border jumpers. We should all be able to have the choice to live in a country where we feel safe and taken care of! I can't wait for Obama!

Steph Thompson said...

PS way to go volunteers! You were all awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiff and Trev said...

I must say that I was very unpatriotic this year and didn't even vote. Sad, I know. My vote doesn't count for much anyway, since we all know who Utah will vote for.

I'm so happy you guys got involved, especially the girls! I agree with dad that if those girls came to my door, I just might have changed my mind on who to vote for!