10.17.2008

Just thinking of dad

When I woke up this morning and started studying, I happened to glance at the calendar. This week I have been in quite a frenzy with my classes and have really been out of the loop when it comes to what day it is. I had to do a double take because the 17th registered as something familiar but it took me a half a second to realize it was dad's birthday.

Oh, how I would love to have just one more hug from him. Since moving to Erie I have really been homesick for him, it has been a very strange feeling one that I can't quite wrap my mind around yet.

I miss him so much and was just thinking how much I wish he could visit us and be the obnoxious house guest over staying his welcome. I love the pictures from his trip to Scotland, I imagine him somewhere like this just enjoying the ambiance, as he would say.


8 comments:

Megan said...

I loved your dad. I always remember him yelling "It's Eggin" when I would come to play at your house. Such a funny man!

Sheryl said...

I did the same thing this morning. I was on the phone with Rick and looked at my calendar to see how many days it had been since his hospital bill had been submitted to the insurance, and I thought....hhmm today is, Oh Craig's birthday.

Ah, someone would have had to bake pie!

Ang said...

Did someone say pie? Mom come back here and make me one, I neeeeeed you, and the pie!

Jen said...

Well, since dad and I had a tradition of going out to Nielsen's for a custard on Friday nights, and since it is not only his birthday but also a Friday night, I might just have to go and get a custard and eat it for the both of us.

Ang said...

Pie and custard, this hardly seems fair.

Sheryl said...

Jen is torturing everyone for her own gain!

Denise said...

He is somewhere really enjoying the resort isn't he?

Jen said...

You know that he is enjoying the resort, and you know that he would love torturing you with goodies just as much as I do.

It reminds me of when we would go to the Freer family reunions and he would wander from campsite to campsite stealing everyones treats.