10.13.2008

Fall Has Arrived!!





I thought it was Ang's turn for a post, but I was informed last night that I needed to blog our weekend. Ang has a test today, a test on Friday, two tests next Monday, and then her comprehensive "Shelf Exam" next week as well, so I guess she does have an excuse...and plus...she has such a SWEET SPIRIT!!!


First of all...Fall has arrived in Erie, Pennsylvania. I drove up to Buffalo last week and there were very few Fall leaves and a week later...it seems that all the trees are starting to change. The pictures are of our trip to the Fall Fest at Peek'n Peak Ski Resort and if any of you have heard of or are planning a trip to ski in New York...I would make sure you go to a different resort because this one was NOT impressive compared to ANY of Utah's ski resorts. We may be exaggerating when we call them "Small Hills". On the other hand, it is perfect for Lex. She is joining the J.S Wilson ski club and they bus them up to this ski resort, after school, once a week from 3-9. What a great Winter Activity. She is excited, and so are we, because neither Ang nor I particularly like to ski and now she has someone to go with!!!


The petting zoo was the most exciting part of the "Fall Fest", although the pumpkin launcher was a close second. I think they gathered up all of the things that no one would buy in the stores and malls, and set up booths trying to sell them at this ski resort. I imagine it was like shopping at the Quilted Bear back in 1982 and if any of you miss those times, let us know and I'm sure we can pick you up some stuff.








The next pictures are of Liv doing some "sand art", and the large over-sized poodles. I have never noticed poodles being included in a petting zoo, but the girls sure thought it was a good idea. They really thought Jen would be excited by them. Jen, I sure hope your next dog is not going to be an over-sized poodle, because they are definitely not, MAJESTIC animals!














We had a great weekend, and it sure is nice having visitors (HINT HINT). Sheryl has now made three or four trips to Erie and we hope we didn't scare her off with the bad Italian food or the low-budget airport, because we sure enjoy having her here!!!!

12 comments:

Ang said...

1) I resent the sweet spirit comment.

2) Standard poodles are always majestic.

3)Nobody needs anything from Quilted Bear, EVER!!! (I admit I may have shopped there back in the 90's, I am a rehabilitated shopper).

Denise said...

Oh my goodness those pictures are beautiful! I would have been in heaven in the petting zoo! Lex is so skinny!!! And the girls both look so grown up! Didn't you only leave like a few months ago?

Jen said...

A:) Standard Poodles are NOT majestic animals. There is really no reason for a Standard Poodle. Actually I can't think of any good reason for ANY poodle.

B:) The leaves look great!

C:) You have got to love a petting zoo and a pumpkin launcher.

Megan said...

Pictures are beautiful! Sorry Ang, but I would have to agree with your sister on the whole poodle thing. When we were getting ready to breed our lab, Brian's mom wanted us to breed her with a poodle so she could have a labradoodle. I just couldn't do it. My poor dog would have been ruined for life to have a poodle chase her around the yard and then...ya know. I probably would have been ruined too. Sorry poodle owners, we just can't go there.

Ang said...

Fact: Standard Poodles run faster than Weiner dogs.

Fact: Standard Poodles can and do wear nail polish.

Fact: Standard Poodles cohabit with Llama's.

And you say this breed is not majestic!!

Tiff and Trev said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast! I bet the fall foliage is gorgeous there! It sure beats the SNOW we got over the weekend!

Good luck on your tests, Ang!

Sheryl said...

I seriously think that you guys are substantially over rating the crafts sold at that fair. I did not see anything that was anywhere near Quilted Bear quality.

There was, however, a sweet selection of home made wooden NASCAR related decorations for the home/office. I have predicted that it will be no more that 3 years before the whole Barnes family go NASCAR on us.

Standard poodles HAVE to run faster than wiener dogs. Wiener dogs recognize that there is no reason for standard poodles to exist, and therefore would grab on to a poodle ankle and maul the thing. Or beat it to death with a tennis racket!

Julie said...

I can't believe how many things your kids are involved in, youw guys really seem to have it all together and enjoying Erie

Ang said...

I certainly don't think we have it all together, sometimes I think we may be totally out of our minds!!

Nate said...

What else can I say...POODLES SUCK!!!...and the chances of the Barnes Family becoming NASCAR fans has about the same chance that Obama has of winning the state of Utah...ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Jen said...

FACT: Brown bears, and for that matter all bears, can run faster than standard poodles.

FACT: Bears can eat standard poodles.

FACT: I once saw a poodle with it's nails painted AND it's ear pierced.

Sheryl said...

Nate, you WILL become a NASCAR fan and Jen, for a person who claims not to like poodles, you certainly do know a lot of facts about them!