10.04.2008

Another Birthday Party!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIV!!!!

We had such a great day on Liv's birthday, that we decided to do it all over again, except this time we decided to add 6 other eight-year olds to the mix. It really feels like Ground Hog Day (Oh and those familiar with the movie would like to know that Punxsutawney Phil is only about 2 hours from our house, so we are already making plans for the big day)!!!!


Back to the task at hand...Ang and I allow the girls to have a party with friends every OTHER year...so this was Liv's year. Liv decided she wanted to take her friends to Aoyama, which is a Japanese Steakhouse where they cook the food in front of you (similar to Tepanyaki or Benihana). Ang, Lex, and I had our hands full with 7 girls. Every minute seemed like an hour, but we got through it without too many spills, screams, or embarrassing moments.






After dinner, we all came back to our house for cake and ice cream and presents. Lex had enough after dinner, so she went over to a friend's house for a sleep over. Ang and I were on our own. We got the cake from Wegman's, our local supermarket, and as you can tell from the picture; the lady must have thought I said "LIB" instead of "LIV". No one seemed to notice.







If that wasn't enough, 4 of the girls decided to sleep over. They stayed up until about midnight, which is about 2 and a half hours past our bedtime. As I am writing this blog, we still have about 4 girls running around the house screaming. We are almost through it, but I think the effects will linger with us for WEEKS.

6 comments:

Ang said...

All in all it went pretty smooth. A couple of moments at dinner I really wanted to abort the mission but we got through it. I thought 8 year olds didn't climb around on the floor under their seats anymore but apparently some still do! Good times, good times!

Grandmajoann said...

What a party! Wish I had been there. And how nice that she already knows enough girls to invite to her party. It sounds like alot of fun. And to top it off with a sleepover. A Birthday she will always remember! Thanks mom and dad for that. I love you Liv.

Sheryl said...

Well I have to say hearing about it reminds me of Tilley family outings at Sizzler. I was always alternately amazed and appalled at the way most of your cousins behaved. And, because they got away with it you guys pushed the limits.

I hope by the time I am posting this you have your house to yourselves again, and I hope LIB and all her friends had a blast.

Thanks Lex, for hanging in and helping with the dinner party.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND, LIV!

Jen said...

After a summer without friends I am glad to know that Liv finally has someone to play with. It looks like a good time was had by almost all, and now Liv, or Lib, can start planning for her next birthday.

Denise said...

Ya still freaking miss you guys. Your house is beautiful and your family is beautiful and I am so glad to see Liv settled in.

Shelly said...

Wow Liv, you have more friends than I do!! You sure have a great dad and mom to let you have such a fun party... I'm so glad that you've made so many friends and that you had such a great Birthday!!