10.23.2008

It's over...I think

Well I had my last anatomy exam and lab practical earlier this week and just got the news that I am as of now still passing the class. I would like to celebrate and breathe a sigh of relief BUT we also took the anatomy shelf exam, which is a national standardized test, and will not receive scores back for another week or two. So my fate is still unclear. I think out of the 120 questions on the shelf exam I knew the answer to 10 of them, so I am not feeling to good about it. The scoring on this particular exam confuses me more than some of the questions on the exam so I am not sure how it will all play out.
At any rate I am now on an independent study pathway which gives me a little more flexibility. I still have to go to a few lectures/labs per week but no more 8 hour days! They will now give us a list of objectives to get through for each subject and we are basically on our own to learn the material. We take one exam and then move on to the next subject. I have one and a half weeks to master physiology and then move on to biochemistry where they so graciously give us two weeks to master! Nothing but good times here, love you all and miss you much.

11 comments:

Jen said...

I think that you are remarkable....or perhaps crazy! I will keep my fingers crossed that you did well on the exam. I hope that you have a little more time on your hands now.

Julie said...

All I can say is WOW! I don't know how you are doing it all...keep us posted and good luck.

Ang said...

Definitely CRAZY!! But then I think what the heck else would I be doing.

Shelly said...

You are still amazing!! I don't know how you do it Angie, you have sure mastered one heck of a balancing act. When it's all over with you will be amazed at yourself and what you have accomplished. We will keep our fingers crossed for you on your exam. I'm sure you will pass it with flying colors!! We sure miss you...

Grandmajoann said...

You are one smart cookie. I do hope you pass. All that study and going and going has got to pay off. A lot is resting on it however, so good luck.
p.s. I am sitting here watching the Jazz play their last pre-season game.
They have won 3 and lost 3 and right now they are one point ahead and it is in the 4th quarter.

Sheryl said...

I hope you took at least one cleansing breath after you finished the shelf exam. We will keep our fingers crossed until we hear your results.

I hope the next phase is a little bit more managable for you. At least you will be able to learn the material in a way that makes the most sense to you.

Jessica said...

Holy cow!, I thought the 8 week summer version of physiology was hard and I bet we didn't learn half the stuff you will learn in 1 1/2 weeks.

Denise said...

Oh my hell! I love it....I used to think that in school about only knowing the answer to 10 questions. LOL it's an uneasy feeling. You will be great :)

Matt-n-Jef said...

I am so proud of you Ang!!! You will finish on high marks. Your dream will come true.I can never finish anything. I went to Richard's Dental class and just like high school, I skipped out. I actually tried to get a job out here in California as a dental tech, knowing that I sucked at making teeth, crowns, etc.... Obviously I didn't get the job. I would so like to get a job as a Vet tech; but know in my heart that I would either never finish or the two years it would normally take, would take me 10 years. Heck, by then I would be dead and gone!!!

Steph Thompson said...

You always think that you did bad and you ALWAYS ace it! I love you and I'm proud of you!!! Dr. Barnes!

Grandmajoann said...

I went to my chiropractor this morning with my stiff hip, he said, If you know the anatomy of the body that is 90% of what you need to know. So, if you pass that, you are on the way....Love ya