6.01.2009

The Proposal

Denise and Brian came out for a visit this weekend. Brian had called us a couple of weeks prior and said he had bought a ring and was planning on proposing at Niagara Falls so we had been on pins and needles waiting for their arrival.


They got in Friday night and we BBQ'd out on the back porch and played a little croquet. Now, clearly, Brian was real anxious and excited because once we said good night and he was out of our sights for 10 minutes he decided to propose... in our LAME basement!!! Denise came up stairs to share the news and we will NEVER EVER let him live this down! (Love you Brian!)

Here is the newly engaged couple at the scene of the crime!! Congratulations!!!!

Saturday started out with dropping Liv off to her very first Girl Scout camp out. It was quite a fiasco trying to get there. We got within 3 miles of the campground to find the road blocked, we finally found the signs and detoured 16 miles out of the way to get there.....argh!!! Needless to say she was not the only Brownie 45 minutes late.







Liv had a wonderful time and when we picked her up the next day had earned a couple more badges and her troop had a lovely skit to perform for the parents. Even better they still have money left in their troop account so we were informed they will get another camp out in August.



So with Liv on a camp out and Lex in charge of the dogs and running around with friends the adults headed up to Niagara Falls. It is so beautiful it never ceases to amaze me and always takes my breath away. In the picture above insert a picture in your mind of Brian down on one knee proposing to Denise!!



Yes, we went to the same restaurant as we have been to in the past even though the food is total crap.... you just can't beat the view. We had some drinks and appetizers and then walked up the street for more drinks and some good conversation before settling on a new restaurant for dinner. And, yes, this was an eating vacation and several of us were always worried about where we might be getting our next meal. What we found was a new restaurant that we also would never eat at again, so thank goodness for good company!! As we left the restaurant it started pouring rain, Nate thought he could run the 4 miles back to the car and pick us up, um don't be 'dupid! We finally hailed a taxi and got back to the car and headed back to Erie.


Sunday we headed out to Presque Isle and took a little walk along the bay side and then headed over to the beach side. It was pretty chilly that day so we didn't stay to long, and we were all wondering where and what our next meal was going to be!


Before heading back to our house for a feast of Brian's famous crab legs we skipped a few rocks, or if you are me or Denise tossed some rocks in the water with a big kerplunk!



Thanks Denise and Brian for sharing such a wonderful event with us and putting up with us all weekend, we miss you already and can't wait to see you again! Can you believe my baby sister is getting married? Congrats again and get Jo on the planning committee ASAP!

12 comments:

Marc T. said...

Love the photo in the woods of Nate lookin' all Gangsta!

Sheryl said...

BRIAN! Congratulations. I'm thinking the basement worked out fine. She looks pretty happy.

Liv, that looks like a pretty cool place for a campout, and how fun that you get to go again. I think it is fun to camp in cabins.

You really never can get enough of looking at the falls or pictures of the falls. It really is the most spectacular sight my eyes have ever seen.

Tiff and Trev said...

Hey guys! I'm jealous your sister got to visit! One of these days when I can ditch the kids for a bit, I'd LOVE to come see you guys! I've never been to Niagra Falls!

Looks like Liv had fun...I always wanted to be a Brownie...

It's nice to see Nate alive...We haven't heard or seen him in awhile now! Hope you're not too busy at work!

Jen said...

I also thought that Nate was looking a little Gangsta on Presque Isle!

Congratulations to the happy couple. I can't believe that Brian couldn't wait for the falls.

By the way, I am already worried about where we are going to eat when we get there!

Grandmajoann said...

What a lot of wonderful news! Congratulations to the Brownie Scout and the new badges. Keep it up, you are doing really great. I am glad you liked the campout in the cabin. Did it have a stove in it, or was is warm enough without one.
Oh Denise. I am so happy for you. And I am happy for Brian also. He is getting one cute wife. It really pays to keep looking until the right one comes along. Good going!
Anywhere is okay to propose!

Sheryl said...

Smuggler's Dwarf! Smuggler's Dwarf!

~Cynthia~ said...

Okay, so I think that is totally hilareous that Brian couldn't wait to propose until you got to the falls which would have been a lovely backdrop, but when you are in love, I suppose anywhere is fine. Congratulations to Denise and Brian. How exciting that we have another wedding in the family.

I can't believe you guys had to keep that secret. No wonder you were so anxious for them to get there. That would have been torture to be in the know and not able to say anything.

I'm glad Liv had a good time at camp. Camp is always a lot of fun.

Thanks for the great post with all the great pictures.

Shelly said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a great week-end!! What cute pictures. It's nice to see that Nate is still alive, we miss his comments!! Glad you're still with us though Ang...

I would love to come and see Niagra Falls again. Just wish money wasn't tight these days!!

Denise said...

Thank you thank you thank you! Thanks to the Barnez family and my awesome fiance for an awesome weekend.

We had so much fun. I can't wait to come back again :)

We seriously ate so much ha ha.

Julie said...

I'm a little slow at getting the news...congrats Denice and Brian! We look forward to meeting Brian...

Matt-n-Jef said...

GOD.. I am getting so sick of everyone being able to visit each other and enjoy each others lives.. I am getting so depressed again. I am just ready to give it all up and move back home. It seems the older I get, the more I miss it.. I guess I just need to get a part time airlines job and get the hell out of the dodge crap job I am in right now!!!!!

Steph Thompson said...

I'm so jealous!!! That all looks like so much fun! Congrats to Brian and Dee. C'mon Brian!!!