6.26.2009

Our New Ride

We have a new car!!!! I now understand the frustration with not getting your pictures to go where you want them on blogger, I wanted these first two pictures to be the last two pictures but whatever!




Here is a picture from the back seat looking forward... the kids love that they have control of their own A/C and heat as well as a couple of power plugs for their toys.



A view of the seats from the front, I can't believe how spacious it is!


It has been one year and one month since we sold Nate's little Toyota truck and have been a one car family.... again. This is a shout out to the crappy little Protege that has been through the ups and downs of this family like a trooper! Out of the nearly 14 years we have been married we have only had two cars for 5 of them and have NEVER owned a brand new car of our choosing, so we felt like it was time to step up to the plate!



We have been struggling with what type of vehicle to buy for the last several months, going back and forth between a midsize car, compact SUV or something bigger.




Something bigger won... this is the new Ford Flex, you either like it or you don't.... we happen to really like it! It seats 6 and has some really cool features like the voice activated media/phone sync.... I am a kid in a candy store when I am in it. It is a crossover so it drives like a dream and we are definitely having fun figuring out how to use everything!

Of course I had to give up chrome wheels and leather seats for more room, but I felt like it was good compromise and I hope Nate did too!

11 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow, I like it!! You will look HOT driving down the road in it!! You will LOVE having all the extra seats. With two kids everyone though we were crazy getting such a big vehicle, but we use it to cart around 1/2 the neighborhood!!

Ang said...

Exactly Shelly... carpooling has been a little bit hard to do in the Protege! A big thing for us was keeping the dogs off the seats as well.... they do love to help drive and Bella is a little bit large for that kind of thing these days.

Shelly said...

Love the new car feeling! I also love the color. You'll love the extra room! Congrats!

Tiff and Trev said...

We're jealous! I think it's about time you guys get something you love and something brand new. We haven't owned any car that didn't first belong to our parents or Trevor's first...but don't worry, we're certainly not complaining! The Accord is almost to 290,000 miles and still going strong!

We've both never heard of the Flex before but Trevor really likes it!

Sheryl said...

Wow, very stylish and roomy! That is awesome and I love the candy apple red. I can't wait to take a spin.

Sweet ride!

Jen said...

I am SOOOO jealous! I know exactly what you mean about wanting to keep the dogs off the seats. I really want a truck or an SUV where I can kennel Shady when we go for a rid. Congrats!

Jessica said...

I love the color. I have never heard of a flex before and I think its pretty cool!

N and J said...

Wow with all the team sports that Lex is in, you can drive half of the team somewhere. Or in not too many years she will be driving. Thats always a scarey thought. It's a beautiful color and sounds like just what your family of 6 needs.

Matt-n-Jef said...

sweet ride.. yes not you have to add the pics you want last first.. very annoying

Denise said...

OMG!!!! I haven't checked the blog I am sooooo happy for you guys!!! You definitely deserved a new car no doubt. This is awesome and I love that phone sync thing it is so fun to use.

So who gets to drive it......????

Ang said...

Who do you think gets to drive it... ME! I told Nate if he takes it he better put the seat back where he found it, I never knew I could love a car!