5.22.2009

10 months and 80 credit hours done....well almost

I had my last exam of the year yesterday, yay!!! Of course it isn't over for me quite yet. Out of the 80 credit hours we completed this year I failed a 2 credit hour course...I am an idiot! So I have one more week to study for it and basically I get the opportunity for a "do over". Summer is so close I can almost taste it.


We have had some wonderful weather this past week in the 70's so Nate and I took a few hours yesterday before I buckle down for this next exam to do some yard work. We are probably the last people to get our flower beds planted but better late then never!





Our hibiscus from last year did not survive the weather so back to home depot it went for a refund. We decided to get another one and try it again (why not when you can just return it every year for a new one), the best part about it was they were half the price as last year.




I decided to do a border of white begonia's and red celosia's around the hibiscus and in the front flower bed. I talked Nate into a cute little willow tree for the front yard and a couple of yellow madame butterfly's. My cornhusker's and lily's from last year are coming back very nicely and we are so glad to see that the Japanese beetle's did not kill off our contorted filbert. I am ready to wage war against them this year!




Nate spent some time cleaning up the bottoms of the arborvitae's, they are a little sparse from all the trimming in the fall he did so we thought we should leave them alone to see how they fill in over the summer.




Grandma had asked me forever ago to show her where our house was situated on the street, so I finally took a few pictures. (Go to google maps and put in our address and click on street view and you can look at it from all angle's). The house on the side of our basketball hoop has been vacant for a couple of years so it is quite the eyesore. I meant to take a picture of it last week before someone mowed it's lawn and so we could have a competition with Jen's single guy to see which house had the worst lawn, single guy vs. vacant house!

Here is the vacant house below, don't let the lawn deceive you, last week it was a field of dandelion's!

10 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

It looks like you guys have your very own oasis there! I'm jealous! We have sprinklers & curbing and grass...but that's about it, except for the massive amounts of weeds in the "flower beds" Trev wanted. I guess there's always a project to do...

I'm SO happy that you'll have the summer off to recoop and relax. This past year has gone by fast! I hear the second year is a lot funner. Good luck with everything!

Shelly said...

I'm glad to hear that you're almost done and get to enjoy the summer. I'm counting down the days until our kids are out of school so that summer can begin, I can't wait!

You're yard looks Fabulous! We just got our flowers in last week-end, so you're not too far behind.

Where's Nate these days? We don't get any comments or anything from him anymore, has he fallen off the planet or what? We miss you Nate!!

Sheryl said...

Seeing the pictures of the yard makes me anxious to get up there and enjoy the resort. July 4th weekend seems a long ways off. I am really looking forward to it.

I don't think I had actually heard the number "80" when refering to your credit hours for one hear. That is INSANE. I though Steph was crazy with some of the hours she took, but that is nuts. You should be very proud of yourself that you just have to re-test for one measly hour!

~Cynthia~ said...

I agree that 80 hours sounds simply insane. I don't know how one has time to even breathe, and you somehow manage to do that and stay involved with your girls' many activities also. Way to go.

I admire your ambition in the yard. I have plans to spend the weekend out in mine, and now I discover it is supposed to rain all weekend. I guess I'll be out there rain or shine because this is my only weekend I have to get that darn hedge trimmed.

Jen said...

I love your contorted filbert and I am glad to see that it is still thriving. Too bad about your hibiscus, but as long as you can return it for a new one you are right, why not! I am glad that you are almost done for the summer, and I hope I get a chance to make it up there to enjoy the resort this summer.

Jen said...

P.S. I agree with Shelly. Where are you, Nate?

Grandmajoann said...

Thanks Angie. I will certainly go to the map and put your address in. I love the front and back view of your house. It looks like a huge yard!
Congratulations on your 80 hours. That is way more than most people take, isn't it? What a girl! What an accomplishment.

N and J said...

Hope this means Ang is on the downside of her medical journey. You'll, hopefully, look back on this experience and think it was either a dream come true or a nightmare in progress. We are just happy you are doing it. The garden planting and enjoying the results must be welcome therapy from a hectic schedule. Hope you are all enjoying life. We miss you more each day.

Denise said...

Sure I have to move in next door. The house is looking great I can NOT wait to see it next week!!!

N and J said...

Your yard looks wonderful. Our hibiscus dies down to the ground and comes up from the roots every year. But yours looks a little more like a tree than ours. Looks like you have some fun plants. It's silly but I look forward to going out every day and see what is in bloom next. I'm getting hooked on bulbs because the require such little care. I love the butterfly bushes. Ours attract alot of hummingbird. We missed you at Memorial Day. Nothing is quite the same as spending a day with the whole family. Love, Us