6.30.2009

Change of Plans

Nate is now working for National Fuel Gas Company at their corporate headquarters in Williamsville, NY (near Buffalo) and I can't remember the entire title I only remember the last part of .... Financial Analyst... sorry honey, I really do listen I promise! The timing couldn't have been better with me now on summer break to run the kids around. And he's got 2 and a half weeks of vacation that he HAS to use before January..... Jamaica for Christmas anyone?????

This has been his first week at the new job and it has been so much fun to see him excited about what he is doing. It is an hour and a half away, so far he said it hasn't been to bad but I haven't talked to him since he went this morning in the pouring rain, standing water and flood warnings from Cleveland to Buffalo! This is my dog Stupid in the back half of the yard under 5 inches of standing water as opposed to the front half that is only mildly wet. We have had thunderstorms on and off since 3 am... both dogs got scared and ended up in bed with us, they are worse than babies!





I will TRY to force him into blogging about it when he gets a chance but don't hold your breath.... I don't even know the last time he posted... he might be the blogs weakest link! Oh, wait, that title is held exclusively by JOLYN!!!!

8 comments:

Shelbi Jean said...

Sheesh the Rain! you would be amazed to at all the rain we have had here (for utah I mean) it has nearly rained every other day in june. Crazy. Good to hear from you all, I hope you are all enjoying your summer break ladies!

Jen said...

I don't know what you are complaining about. I have always wanted water front property. Isn't that supposed to make your home more valuable?

I'm so happy about Nate's new job. I hope it works out great, and I am definitely in for a Christmas vacation!

Sheryl said...

I can't believe all the rain you guys have had. It is just insane. Poor Belly looks like she is not really sure what to do with it. As sick as you are of it, I want just ONE thunderstorm while we are there. And, I am excited to hear all about Nate's new job this weekend. I will also be interested to hear about the commute.

Shelly said...

Congratulations on the new job!! Sounds like quite the commute, good thing that you have a new car, otherwise it was suck to be a one car family!!

I'm in for a vacation, just let me know when and where and we'll be there!! We haven't gone anywhere in months, I'm NEEDING a vacation!!

Tiff and Trev said...

Congrats on the new job, Nate! I'm sure it will be nice to use all of the things you've learned and put them to good use! Are you going to commute everyday? I have found that books on my ipod have completely saved my sanity when I have to drive a lot for work. Instead of an hour and a half commute it can be an hour and a half of reading (more like listening, I guess!).

N and J said...

Sounds like most things are looking up for you all. I'm sure Nate has had job fever, the companion to cabin fever. Hope this is just the start of a great career. Maybe Nate could take one of the dogs with him to keep him company on the commute. How about putting in a huge water feature in the yard with rocks, sand or even a waterfall? Love ya....

Grandmajoann said...

How Great! But the commute does suck. I think books on tape sound real good. I found a comical one on the way to Sharon's one year and it really made the trip short! Maybe we should all find a good one for you?
Drop us a hint of the kind you like.
That is quite a puddle in your yard! I'm with Jen, water front property is the in thing.

Julie said...

I'm glad to hear about Nate's job and that you are having a break. Enjoy the new car, I like it by the way, and enjoy your kids!