12.25.2008

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!!

We gave the girls a fat, furry surprise early on Christmas Eve! She is a black and tan german shepherd and so far the favored name is Bella (aka Belly).












Christmas Eve we enjoyed opening our jammies, a game and a book. This year's game was Apple's and Apple's and I highly recommend it. It comes in a couple of versions we did the version for 10 yr old and up and both the girls really liked it.


Nate and I snuck over to the neighbors house for some cocktails and appetizers while the girls separated out presents and when we got home we baked Santa some cookies. Lex wanted to make gingerbread cookies and Liv wanted to make peanut butter cookies so we did some of both!

After a few hours of sleep (entertaining a puppy all night is exhausting!) we woke up to Liv's phone alarm at 5 am. Yes, she is definitely a girl after my own heart. I am just as excited as the kids for Christmas so I don't mind.

Santa came through with a laptop for Lex.

And Liv was tickled pink to see the big guy brought her a polar express train.

But I think the favorite present might still be the puppy. Baby is not sure she likes the new member of the family but we keep trying to tell her that puppies don't build character, they reveal it!

I am officially taking birding to the next level. Nate hooked me up with some binoculars and a book of Pennsylvania birds! I am now in stalking mode.

You all spoiled the girls rotten. Here is Liv doing her impression of Santa with the bag of goods Jo, Denise and Steph sent, we have been munching on the english toffee and peanut brittle all day, YUM! They made a haul on the cash thanks to Jen, Grandpa and Grandma Barnes, Grandpa Arlyn and Grandma Joyce, and Grandma Joann and Grandpa Dick!!!! Lexi is already wanting to go shopping and Liv is thinking she needs some train accessories.

We are looking forward to playing Taluva a little later, I am planning on blowing the island sky high with mass amounts of volcanoes. Nate thought the Indian on the cover was a little risque, Jen! And FYI this does not count as a bahamavention!!

Grandma Sheryl and Rick did a fabulous job picking out some darling clothes for the girls and of course that gift certificate for some "sweet chicken".

And after all the junk we have eaten today we will be excited to use our new toothbrushes, thanks mom and Rick!!

We are hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas and especially wishing Denise a speedy recovery! Love you and miss you all terribly.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Good grief, that looks like way too much fun! I wish that I could have been there.

We are (sort of) doing Christmas at my house now that Denise is out of the hospital. Brian and Steph and the girls are here, and they have opened their presents. We also opened our toothbrushes which are fabulous.

We may or may not have dinner here at some point. I got a turkey in the oven at 1:30, and who knows if I even came close to getting the recipe right, Ang. Denise is asleep on the couch, the girls are in the tub, and the rest of us are watching a basketball game. At least we are not at the hospital!

Sheryl said...

WOW! You all made a haul. I love the laptop, and train looks fabulous. We will be waiting for birding updates, and will need to know the official names of all the cute birds that visit your yard.

Ang said...

I was actually going to buy us those toothbrushes the other day but I was just to dang cheap! I looked at the price tag and said to myself maybe next year. You read my mind mom.

I am very glad you are all out of the hospital!

Let me know how the turkey turns out, we did a roast last night and have just been doing leftovers today, cooking on christmas just seems like to much work!

Grandmajoann said...

Wow! Two dogs of different breeds in the same house! How is that going to work? Of course I suppose dogs make friends and are okay with each other. It looks like you had a great Christmas. Your first Christmas in Erie! A historical moment! We will miss you at the party Sat. night. Wish you could be here. Love to all of you, and Happy Shopping girls!

~Cynthia~ said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. I can't even fathom cooking on Christmas so we just did sandwiches with meat and cheese trays ordered from the grocery store, although I did whip up some baked beans this morning before the girls came downstairs. Grandma told me Denise had made it home so instead of escaping to the hospital today, I crawled back in bed for a couple of hours this afternoon. Camie had massages scheduled today so we are still waiting for her to make it here, but Nicole's family was here for a few hours earlier today.

N and J said...

My heart belongs to Bella. Baby and me never really clicked, but Bella looks like we could be friends. They are supposed to be very smart. Jeff's dog Nekita of the same breed is awesome. She not only catches the frizby but gets it from it's shelf in the garage and puts it away when play time is over. It was soo fun to see the pictures of your Christmas. It felt like we were almost there. Your house looks like a Christmas out of a wonderful fairytale. Glad everyone got what they wanted. We woke up for the first time to an empty house on Christmas Morning. I know it sounded boring but it was ok since we had the fam over last night and went over to Tiff's today for dinner. Merry Christmas and we miss you and love you tons. Love, Us

Shelly said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Thank-you for sharing your Christmas with us, it's so much fun to get your pictures and see how happy you all are.

It looks like you had a Wonderful day. Your puppy looks like a lot of fun. What a great gift. We miss you guys...

Sheryl said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! Bella is so cute! And Baby even shared her bed for a minute. Thank you for the well wishes. I love you guys.