12.20.2008

Hustle and Bustle

So making a mad dash to start and finish Christmas shopping is working out really well for me. Now let me just say that the mall is literally about 1/2 a mile from our house and it is similar to Layton Hills with Toys R Us and Old Navy and the likes surrounding it, but remember it is 1985 here so there hasn't been any road or parking expansions and it is pretty much a nightmare. So I left my house and it took me about 15 minutes to get to my first destination across the street. I got in and got out, cause I am on a mission. I get into the car, wait for this woman to pass by in her car and pull out. She then decides to back up in to me as I am pulling out. Great!!!! I love holiday shopping. There is a nice sized dent in the back of the car near the tire but other than that everything looked fine. I call Nate and he tells me to drive with the window down and listen for anything out of the ordinary. So I do and of course I feel and here some kind of rubbing. I get back out and look at the tire and the area of damage but don't see anything obvious. I told Nate I was going to finish up my shopping because I couldn't see anything. After stop number two I get back into the car and pull out and the car is really difficult to steer so I pull back in to my parking spot and realize my front tire is flat!!


I am terrified to try and change a flat tire so I called my wonderful husband who came and rescued me by asking our neighbor for a ride. I am such a loser!!! Really looking forward to finishing my shopping now.

8 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

I'm so sorry to see your dented car! I'm so glad you have darling husband that came to your rescue! I hope you got your shopping done. It is so exciting when you have kids. What is the most wanted gift this year? I will be waiting to hear what everyone got.

Sheryl said...

OK, that totally sucks. Did it bend things so out of whack that the front tire was rubbing too? Or did you just happen to run over something?

You did get this woman's insurance info, right? She has some 'spaining to do.

Oh, and P.S. How lucky are you that you know your neighbors well enough to ask for help and actually have them be willing to do it. I'm telling you, living in the 80's has it's perks.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang! It is the long lost Nicole. I hope things are better today than the other day. That does suck. I do have to say that if your a loser because you won't change a tire, than I am a loser too. I don't think I can say I have ever done it. One time when Malorie was a baby and Skylar was probably 2 or 3, I got a flat right down the street from our house. I had pulled into Actic Circles parking lot(about a block or two away from home) and instead of using the phone and calling Jay I got the stroller out of the back and walked home to tell Jay what happened and of course for him to go fix it. I probably would walk 2+ miles instead of changing a flat. Now I must be a BIG loser!!

Denise said...

I want the same answers as mother. I am so sorry! My hell that is terrible.

I am also on a mission with this last minute gift buying!!!

Jen said...

I'm guessing that is NOT what you wanted for Christmas. I also want answers to Mom's questions.

Tiff and Trev said...

Yikes! I don't know how to change a flat....so I would have done the same thing. Hope you are more successful in your next shopping attempt...sorry about your car..

Ang said...

It had to have been a freak thing that I ran over something in the front at some point, she just didn't hit me hard enough to blow the tire in the front. But what do I know, stranger things have happened.

I did exchange info with her, she was very nice and so was I. I figured there wasn't any reason to make it ugly, the parking lot was an absolute zoo!

I am telling you, it is sick but I love the '80's. Our neighbor really is the nicest guy, he even stayed and helped Nate change the tire too.

Shelly said...

Marc has taught me multiple times how to change a tire, but I'm pretty sure that if I needed to, I wouldn't have a clue what to do!!

What a big huge bummer... It sounds like you handled things well, it must be the holiday spirit!!

Good Luck finishing your shopping...