12.28.2008

Bella




After two really hard nights Bella has finally realized that we sleep at night and play during the day. The potty training is coming along but it is extremely tiresome and I am sure it is not going to get better anytime soon. At least we have finally had some nicer weather for our potty outings.




65 degrees and all the snow has melted! It is sure to be short lived just to make life difficult. I can't wait to go out for a potty break in the middle of the night in a foot of snow.




Baby is also getting a little better with her but still snarls and snips at her from time to time to let her know who's boss.





Liv's favorite thing to do is pick her up and carry her around, Bella has been such a good sport. Liv really wants her to sleep in bed with her, this is a slight problem because Liv has a loft bed. But every night I have carried her up so Liv can have a snuggle. She may be the first German Shepherd to take a snooze in a loft bed, this is obviously not going to happen for much longer!



There really is nothing like the sweet smell of puppy breath! (I am still trying to convince Nate of that.) We do all agree that her fat belly is absolutely irresistible. Her little grunts and groans are just precious. Right now we even love to hear her attempts at barking.



I am in heaven with my two beauties! I have been dying to have two dogs for years and Nate has finally obliged, he has really come a long way from his non dog preexistence (persistence paid off!!!).

12 comments:

Liv said...

ok well when she gets bigger can't we just get stairs up to my bed cause I love sleeping with her, but she can barely walk up the stairs right now.

Nate said...

I don't know if I have ever seen stairs that you can buy that go all the way up to a loft bed. But I bet when she gets bigger you will probably get bigger and out-grow the loft bed. Then, maybe you will get a smaller bed that she can get into.

Liv is a great help with the puppy. She takes her out to go potty even when she is wearing her pj's. The best part about taking Belly out to go potty is when she tries to come back inside and she gets her front paws up the step and then gets high-centered on her fat belly.

We are feeding the Belly Bil-Jack dog food because that is what the guy who we got her from swore by. We are wondering if anyone (Jen, Jef, etc.) has any opinions on this dog food or any other. We are having a hard time with the frequency, consistancy, and SMELL of 'da Bellies bathroom breaks.

Denise said...

She is too cute. And baby is so small. She does not understand why you took her toy in the video!

Nate, I feed Exclusive brand. The people at the feed store recommend it. They say it is made of fresh ingredients and less bi-products so less bathroom breaks. They say it is better than Iams, Science Diet, etc. It is also a bit cheaper.

Jen said...

I have to agree that there is nothing as sweet as puppy breath.

Nate, I have heard of Bil-Jack, but I have never purchased any. I usually go to Petsmart and look for whatever is on sale.

Shelly said...

I have to say it almost makes me want to get dog!! But, if I were to get a dog I'd have to get rid of my son which isn't an option since he's only 9. Allergies!!

Ang said...

I am thinking we will switch out the dog food for sure.

Nate also has allergies but so far so good!

Sheryl said...

Well, she is adorable! I'm certainly glad it is you guys that are not sleeping, cleaning up dog poop, wiping pee puddles and all the fun things that come with puppies.

Liv, I am very proud that you are helping out. I think that your dad is on the right track with the loft bed thing. You will probably just get a few little snuggles sleeping way up there. I have heard of dogs learning to climb ladders, so maybe, just maybe, Bella will learn to climb up with you.

Jessica said...

She is so cute, Although isn't it a bit like adding another child to the family? I am definatley not ready for that.

Tiff and Trev said...

And you guys thought you were done with babies waking up in the night! I LOVE the new addition...she's adorable! I wish I could convince Trev to try the puppy thing again... I wish I was there so she could give me puppy kisses all over my face. I LOVE puppy breath!

We missed you guys SO much over the holidays!! I love that you've kept us posted on what's going on. Please give the girls hugs & kisses from us.

Denise said...

Incindentally, Butch can climb ladders. He climbed up and down Lauren's playhouse one to get to us. If they want you bad enough they will climb.

Megan said...

What a cute little puppy. I LOVE puppy breath. Almost 2 years ago we broke down and got another lab. 2 are much harder than 1, but then again I have labs. I am glad you got your dogs. I always remembered you with a dog. What was your white dogs name? He had curly hair and spots if I remember right. And you probably don't remember the poo throwing incident we had do you? I will have to share that one with you!!

Grandmajoann said...

I must say you are all showing a lot of love for this furry animal. The best part of all these pictures is to see Liv so adorable, Olivia so pretty, mom so relaxed, and dad so patient. Good going to all of you.