6.14.2008

Working on the house

Well we have been busy working on getting this house organized and livable. A couple of the rooms were left at a bio hazard level three and have taken hours to clean....grrrr!



The girls have been a big help...cleaning, painting, yard work and entertaining each other. We are almost finished getting their rooms set up. We are taking a trip to Pittsburgh on Monday to buy some bedroom furniture at Ikea for them. They are pretty excited to move into their
rooms.


Our neighbor from across the street came over and welcomed us with a gigantic jug of his homemade wine. It is actually really delicious. He told us the neighbors have all been whispering and wondering if we were polygamists...they saw our Utah license plates. Nate and I have been more than happy to discuss our feelings, thoughts and opinions on this subject. It is so exciting for us to finally be part of a community that is diverse and open to "alternative" lifestyles!

I thought I would really miss the mountains but the landscape here is so beautiful and lush with all the trees that I haven't yet. Every morning I wake up, roll over in bed and look out the french doors to the trees in our backyard. It is gorgeous and I can't believe it is mine. A couple more weeks and we should have this place in really good shape...I hope.

We have also really enjoyed a couple of massive thunderstorms. We love sitting on the front porch to watch and listen to them. They blow in, dump a ton of rain and put on quite a show. Then it is back to being hot and humid! So far I think we are all adjusting pretty well to all the changes. Love and miss you all!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm so glad that you're almost moved in and that you like it there. But mostly I LOVE that you've started a blog so that we can keep up with you. We miss you TONS!! Can't wait to see the cute new IKEA furniture.

Denise said...

You painted a lovely picture of the landscape and thunderstorms. I am jealous! Let me know if you were able to go get the kids furniture. And can you believe you live somewhere where they greet you with homeade wine? LOL!!!

Sheryl said...

Indeed, home made wine. Maybe you will have to plant a few grapevines and see what you can whip up!

Lex and Liv...good job on the painiting. I can't wait to come and see what colors you chose. I am jealous of the thunderstorms, too. How fun is that, to have a porch to sit on and watch?

I had to create a new name to post. I couldn't get the original one to ever work again. Hopefully I will not have to reinvent myself everytime I want to comment!

Love you guys