6.20.2008

Before and After

Well we finally have the kids room's up and functioning. Lexi's room has gone from putrid pink...


...to calming Adriatic sea with black, white and rocker red accents!

















Liv's room has changed from boyish blue...


...to my fair lady with stripes, polk-a-dots and butterfly's!



















I had my doubts when they both started picking out colors but I am really thrilled with the way the rooms have turned out. Of course they still want a few more accessories. Liv is pricing out luv sacs for under her bed (she has become obsessed as usual, asking how much shipping will be and various other details that average 7 year olds don't care about) and Lex wants some art work for the walls, shelves and some cool hang out stools for around her guitar. Oh the lists seem endless at times.

The weather was dang near perfect today. A cool 70 degrees with just a hint of a breeze, Nate and I are really liking it. The kids are really wanting it to warm up a bit to hit the pool or the lake.

Lexi went and played basketball at her school today. They have open gym for those interested in trying out for the basketball team this fall, twice a week, so she has decided to go for it. She said she had a lot of fun and wants to keep going but that she needs a bit of practice. I think this will be a great way for her to start meeting some girls her age, Nate said there were about 15 girls there and that a good handful also played soccer on the school team in the spring. She is definitely our go getter.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Great Job!

Sheryl said...

Oh my goodness! I think both those girls have inherited a little decorating sense! Those rooms are gorgeous! Good job, girls. I thinks it's kind of fun that the pink room turned blue, and the blue one is now pink. The new colors are so much softer and so pretty.

I am excited that Lex is playing basketball. She will have a gaggle of friends before we know it.

Thank you for your blog. It make it feel like you guys are not so far away. Love you all!

Marc T. said...

That looks FANTASTIC. Well Done all of you!

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Shelly said...

Could you come and help me decorate Kylee's room?! What cute rooms, It's a style they can continue to grow into and have fun with!! You're much more creative than I am.

Denise said...

You really are a fashionable family ha ha! The rooms turned out great.

Lex keep me posted on how the basketball goes....and Liv don't worry about the shipping we will work it out :)

I love you guys!!!