6.26.2008

A Day at the Beach

Well, Nate and I have spent three 12 hour days painting our bedroom. It was quite the project, I never want to see another paint brush as long as I live! After being holed up in the house working we decided that we deserved a day off, so we took off to Presque Isle to lounge on the beach.


The drive from our house to the beach is about 10 minutes, so you don't feel like you have to make an entire day of it to make it worth your while. We love that we are so close to everything, we filled up the gas tank two and a half weeks ago and we run errands every day. We are tickled pink to say the least.

The beach has the same feel as any lake beach, but the Isle is beautifully lined with trees. It was in the low 70's with a bit of a breeze so we didn't swim. It was perfect weather for laying out on the towels, looking for beach glass,skipping rocks and people watching.

Lex has met a girl from the basketball practice's she has been going to. They spent a whole day hanging out, she even stayed for dinner, so we got a chance to meet her too. Now if we could only get her little home body of a sister out and about we would be set.

Things are really starting to come together here and the house is feeling more like home to us everyday.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like soooo much fun, How nice to have it that close. I don't even think I knew you were by water.

Jessica said...

One more thing, I have to know how you added when they updated there blog to the links. I am completly computer retarded.

Shelly said...

I sure wish that we lived that close to the beach!! It sounds like things are really falling into place... I'd love to see pictures of your bedroom!!

Denise said...

I am so glad to hear you are really settling in and making your new house a home! It looks like the beach was a blast. I love you guys.

Marc T. said...

I am Seriously jealous about the proximity of the beach!

Good luck on getting 'Liv out of the house, Rylan never wants to leave ours either....

Sheryl said...

I'm so glad you gave yourselves a day off for some fun. Hopefully you will take advantage of that on a regular basis while you have the time and opportunity. I can't wait to go to the beach with you!

Steph Thompson said...

It looks like you are having so much fun! Seeing pictures of you makes me feel like its been longer since I've seen you and makes me miss you all more!