6.18.2008

We have a backyard!

Thank God we have a backyard, it is as wonderful as I imagined it would be. The kids have gone out everyday to play out there and I don't know how we survived without one all these years. We are going a bit stir crazy the last two days, it has been raining and we have only had the backyard a week!
The kids have been playing soccer, tag and croquet and Nate and I have really been enjoying it all from the patio...life is pretty good! (That sentence reminded me of Craiger...Jen had the omelets and said they were fabulous, I had the pancakes...mediocre at best!) Just enjoying the resort as he would say.
For those of you interested the baby is still just bad. She has found a great place to snuggle...Liv's underwear shelf in the closet. I just can't get mad at her, she is quite lovely!
I feel like I need to pinch myself everyday, I just can't believe we have this house. We are nearly finished with the girls room. We went to Pittsburgh and shopped at Ikea for the girls furniture. It has been three days of putting it together with quite a bit of cursing. Just a few more accessories and we will put out some before and after pictures.
I just got an information packet from my school. I start July 28th and start lectures at 8am, have an hour lunch at noon and finish at 4pm. Dear Lord have mercy on my soul, what have I gotten myself in to.

5 comments:

Marc T. said...

Glad to see you are settling in nicely! And of course you let that dog get away with murder!

Unknown said...

Your backyard looks gorgeous. I am jealous of all the mature trees you have. Really I am jealous that you have a house of your own to live in. Sure would be nice.
I am excited to see how the girls rooms turned out. Have I told you how happy I am that you started a blog?

Sheryl said...

Oh my gosh, the yard looks fantastic! Is it as big as it looks in the pictures? Looks like there is some good soccer practice going on too! I can't wait to come and see it with my own eyes.

thebeaver said...

Hi guys, I'm reading and writing from Charlotte, North Carolina. I love your blog and I love your house. How great to have a backyard...yippie. My training is awesome and it been beautiful here. I'll let you know when we will be out(It will be soon.) maybe the July 4th weekend, maybe! I Love you all you guys, see ya,

thebeaver

Denise said...

God bless you for going to school. I can't hack it as we all know. I can relate to the naughty dog thing....butch tries to attack people and I laugh! (A little different but hey you gotta love them!) Give that little shit a pat for me.