11.27.2009

Day 3 - Black Friday

After having a cup of the "world's best coffee" at Starbucks (sweet nectar of life) we made our way to Gimble's... I mean Macy's.


The window displays started with a touch screen computer that let you write a letter to Santa. After sending your letter to Santa the rest of the window displays tell the story of how your letter gets to the North Pole... very cute.



With all the colors and moving parts it was hard to get a good photo amongst the crowd. We were just amazed at how intricate these windows were... just darling!


The display ended with Santa and we couldn't help but hear Buddy the Elf's voice.... "You're not the real Santa, you sit on a throne of lies, you stink, you smell like beef and cheese!"



We walked inside the 10 story Macy's for a peek. Santa was on the 8th floor with a line a couple of hours long. He was well sequestered behind a beautiful toy train display of which none of us had the patience to wait through, so on we went.



We did some more shopping, Liv had a huge dilemma... to get an American Girl doll at the American Girl doll store (I can't believe we didn't get any pictures of it!) or go back to FAO Scwhartz to build her own muppet. In the end the doll of the year, Chrissa, won her over. Lex of course is all about the clothes!

Then we made our way to Times Square, Liv nearly died when she caught a glimpse of the Naked Cowboy... her reaction was hilarious. When we got back to the hotel later that day, she said she would have been devastated if she didn't get to see the Naked Cowboy... the girl kills me!!


It was Liv's lucky day because she also got to meet a "celebrity" (as she put it)... good old Spongebob.










Exhausted, we headed back to the hotel to take a break from the crowds and drop off our bags.



After resting our feet for a little bit we decided to check out Grand Central Station. None of the pictures turned out... I was tired of carrying around our bigger camera and there just wasn't enough light for our little one to take a quality shot.

We grabbed some dinner there and walked through some cute holiday shops that were set up and called it a night.

I don't think any of us wants to go home to reality but we miss our furry family members soooo much and can't wait to see them tomorrow!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Good grief, I need a vacation from your vacation! Just reading about all of it exhasts me. And yes, I am still jealous.

I'm glad you didn't waste your time standing in line to see a fake Santa on a throne of lies stinking of beef and cheese. Seeing the celebrity Spongebob and the Naked Cowboy are so much more exiting. How does that man manage to wander around in his tighty whities without freezing to death?

Sheryl said...

I have to agree with Jen. You guys have amazing fortitude. You have packed 3 days full.

It sounds like a great time, and you may have changed my mind about visiting NYC. I've never been too interested. Of couse the idea of the Naked Cowboy is nearly irresistable. LOL

Shelly said...

WOW, You guys have had quite the NY adventure. I must admit that I'm a bit jealous!! Glad that you are having so much fun!

Steph Thompson said...

I don't even know where to begin after the last three posts! I am so jealous!! How much fun and how different from anything we have ever done! I am freaked out a little bit about naked cowboy....I am wondering if his breath would also stink of beef and cheese.

Denise said...

Oh my god that looks so awesome. I am way jealous. It looks like you had an awesome time. Was that Nate's parents in the first picture? Who is the older couple with you?

Tiff and Trev said...

How fun!!! I would LOVE to be in New York during the holidays! Looks like you guys had a blast!! I love that you did things Elf style too :o)! Thanks for taking a lot of pictures and making me feel like I was there :o). Those girls are getting SO big and gorgeous! I can't believe it!

Kellie said...

Yes New York is not your typical relaxing vacation, but its the best shopping stop ever! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Julie said...

I loved New York, how fun to go at Christmas time!