11.19.2009

Concert, Talent Show and Reflections



Last Saturday I took Lex and a friend to Cleveland for Fall Ball, a concert with some up and coming bands that they really like. It was a really fun venue at the House of Blues, small enough that I could keep an eye on them but crowded enough to make them feel like I wasn't!



The tickets were all general admission so the girls were able to wiggle and push their way right up front during their favorite bands and they even went crowd surfing... thank God nobody was trampled or hurt!!

This week Lexi participated in the school talent show with a group of students from her homeroom. They performed the dance to Thriller. It was really cute she is the one on the far left corner.



Liv decided again, at the very last minute, to enter a picture in the reflections contest. We learned nothing from last year I guess. Here she is with her entry.
She took 4th place, way to go Liv! Maybe, just maybe, next year she will remember to start on it a little earlier... like when her mom reminds her!

10 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

What a brave mom you are to go to a concert with teens! I am so happy to see you beautiful girls. How you have grown. I can't believe how grown up you look. Keep the news coming. It is the best way to go to bed, seeing family having fun! I do love you all so much. And Liv, 4th place isn't too bad....

Jessica said...

You guys really do get parents of the year. I am not nearly as busy with work as you are with school and the thought of all that exhausts me.

Ang said...

I used to think the kids would get easier and less time consuming as the got older, but I am finding the opposite to be true! Parents of the year I think NOT... we are barely surviving it all!

Sheryl said...

I am happy to hear that you were at the concert. I got a little freaked when she posted on facebook that she went crowd surfing. LOL

The video is apparently unavailable right now, so I will have to come back for that.

Liv! 4th place. Pretty good for a kid that has been sick so much. good job!

Sheryl said...

The video loaded this time. What fun! I have always loved Thriller. Lex, you should teach it to me. I always wanted to learn it. I did particularly enjoy the boy on the floor right in front of the camera! He was groovin'

Jen said...

What a fun family you are! I do nothing but hike and watch t.v. while you guys are living it up. Way to go!

Ang said...

Jen I am trying to entice you all to move here!!!

N and J said...

Seems like girls always get to have funner. The concert sounded loud and crowded but then that's today's music. The girls are darling. Just hope they don't get any older for the older they get the smarter they think they are. Of course, are children don't fit into that category.

Denise said...

The Thriller dance was totally awesome! As was the reflections entry!

I used to love doing things for reflections. I also love a good talent show.

Love all you guys!

Steph Thompson said...

How fun for everything! Way to go Liv! Nice dance Lex!! And once again I can't believe how much older and beautiful you both look. As for the previous post, Baby always looks like some sort of idiot! I love her!