3.01.2009

Liv's bunk mates

I went to check on Liv the other night and found her snuggling her favorite stuffed animal, so I thought before another day goes by I should blog it. I know she is 8 and on the fringe of being a tween but she is still my baby and has some pretty dang cute moments.



This is Slothinator, she has been cuddling him every night for the past 2 1/2 years. I found him in Peru and when I told her the story of the baby sloth I got to hold in one of the villages she just fell in love with him. I don't blame her either, he is made of alpaca hair and is quite a fetching animal, if I do say so myself! We love his wild hair and wonder if he gets a little crazy at night while we sleep, then we remember he is a slow moving animal and it is probably just a bad case of bed head!


Liv often worries that Slothinator misses her during the day and wonders if he might get jealous when she gets a new stuffed animal that gets more attention. I always tell her that he is a sloth and enjoys sleeping most of the time and I don't think that he minds at all. Besides, he has a best friend, Tord (a tortoise, of course), who she acquired on one of our trips to Mexico to keep him company.



She tucks the two of these guys in EVERY night and I dread the day she decides she is too old for them. I often wonder out of all the stuffed animals this kid has why these two ended up as the favorites? Regardless, it truly tickles me that she loves them so much.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute! You have such beautiful cute girls. Kids make your life worth living huh!

N and J said...

I bet the two bunk mates never complain one little bit about who they share their bed with or whether Liv hogs the covers or kicks them out of their comfortable night home. She has finally found someones who appreciate her jokes and company. I wonder where those two cute friends got their unique names? Life is simply not the same without the humor of Liv. We miss both of our special granddaughters and enjoy reading about their new adventures. Thanks for sharing this special moment in time with us. Luv ya all===

Sheryl said...

I know why these are the chosen favorites. Slothinator because her mom brought him home from Peru, and Tord because that kid loves vacationing in Mexico even more than her aunt Jen. And that is saying a lot.

Liv, those are some really cute bunk mates.

Jen said...

I have held the Slothinator and know of it's divinely soft fur. Who wouldn't want to snuggle with it? Liv is quite the kid, and I say keep her that way as long as you can.

Shelly said...

Do you remember Doydle? He has been a permanent part of our family for years now!! Rylan LOVES the animal more than his own sister. He has Moydle and Roydle and Michael, but Doydle is the ONE!! He even has his own seatbelt in our car, I admit, we may have let it go TOO far. I hope that by the time he gets married he will give up the stuffed animal, but until then, I hope its harmless!!

Liv is looking so grown up and just as beautiful as ever. Both of your girls are just darling. I think they get that from you Ang.!!

Denise said...

That is so precious. I had stuffed animals barbies and dolls until 14 I swear lol. Kids grow up too fast these days. I love Liv so much.

iMzOOL said...

actually--i am pretty sure denise was caring for the reindeer (oh--i forgot his name--how could i forget his name--i had the same reindeer and had charred it) well through jr high. i love how clever at names you all are. hilarious. i can't believe how old olivia is. she is beautiful. i miss you all. nick is looking at PA as one of the options for rotations--you thought you could get away...

Jen said...

If I remember correctly, Denise's reindeer was Gay Ray!

Ang said...

Oh my gosh I totally remember Gay Ray... that is hilarious! Boy how time flies.

Shelly I think Rylan wins for the most original name though... Liv usually sticks with very "clever" names that have the type of animal they are.... another one is Miss. Spot (pronounced Spoh-tah, it has spots on its back)!

Michelle get here, misery loves company, I need people!

N and J said...

I was a stuffed animal kid too. I used to wonder when I went to sleep at night if they all got up and played together. Then as the sun came up would hurry back to their same places where I had left them. What do you think Liv????? We have just received our first magazine from Liv's drive. And are enjoying reading. Thank's Liv

iMzOOL said...

GAY RAY!!! Thank you. That has been on my mind. I loved Gay Ray. Good times. Question is: Denise do you still have Gay Ray?