3.29.2009

Our Life <33


Well, like Jen, I thought it was time to post a little update on the goings on in Erie. For the last month since the "Great thaw" we have been dealing with a lot of rainy and wet weather. This makes it really fun with the dogs tracking mud all over the house. We have not trained Billy on the invisible fence yet, so we have had a 50 foot lead that we let her roam around the yard on. It works well, but she gets herself wrapped around the trees or the "arCHividas" about every ten minutes. To pass the time when she's stuck, she digs holes in the grass and mud. We then have to go out in the mud and get her unstuck, which means that we have to clean up the mud on both of us. She is a TERROR when she's in the house, so we have to put her out just to keep our sanity. Ang had a great idea to install a "zip line" in the yard so she won't get stuck. The pictures below show the installation and our girl enjoying the resort:





I have to be a lot more accurate when I'm playing fetch with her or the ball gets out of her reach. Some of you non-dog owners (Sheryl) will probably wonder if all the trouble is worth it, but just like with children, those precious moments when Billy rests her head on your leg, make all the work worth it. On a side-note Liv has asked me 3 or 4 times when she gets to enjoy the zip-line. Any idea on making this possible??


Ang has been studying about 12-14 hours a day in preparation for her two tests on Monday. The only time we get to see her is when we get to play "patient". It is nice to finally be getting some benefits out of Ang going to medical school. I have had my eyes, ears, and nose checked. I have had my blood pressure and pulse rate checked numerous times, and you will be pleased to know, I am in excellent shape (I just sounded like Craiger, didn't I?).




Liv loves getting a "check-up" and she plays the role of the patient great. In the picture above, she is asking Ang questions from a note card. When we can find our teenager; she also does a great job, although she refuses to pose for a picture.

Liv started tennis lessons on Friday. She has been asking for lessons for a while because her dad had taken her as far as his knowledge allowed and tennis is her FAVORITE sport. Lex has her first soccer game on Tuesday, so we should have some more interesting things to blog about in the next week.

11 comments:

Ang said...

Damn I am one sexy BITCH when I don't shower or get out of pj's all weekend!!

Shelly said...

I think thats GREAT that Liv is taking tennis lessons. Remember us going over to Gaily park and playing tennis? I think I'm probably at the same level now that I was then.

Thanks for the update, it's great to be able to keep up with whats happening with you guys!!

Nate said...

I do remember Gaily park and those old tennis rackets and "flat" balls that didn't bounce. I have improved some, but I hope Liv will give me a run for my money in a couple of years!

Grandmajoann said...

Nate, I don't think you have time for a job! It sounds like you are pretty busy as is. Liv! Tennis. I always wanted to learn to play tennis. How fun that will be for you. And I can just see Lex on the soccer field. What a fun time you are having. Ang, good luck on the test tomorrow.....
Love ya lots...

N and J said...

Glad to hear you are coming out of the deep freeze. We just got belted with another blizzard today and not the Dairy Queen kind. I can't wait for the real spring to arrive. Liv I bet you will be very good at tennis, you will have to let us know how you like the lessons. Lex are you all geared up for the first soccer game? Hope it isn't in the mud. Ang I never cease to be amazed at all you continue to do and do well. Hope you are finding some joy in the journey! I am confused What exactly is the sheppard's name? Bella or Billy? Is Billy what you call her?

Ang said...

Nate calls her Billy, I think he does it just to annoy me! She was eating this dog food called biljac when we first got her and it had a funky smell to it... the name was derived from the dog food... I prefer to call her Bella, which incidentally is her name.

Sheryl said...

Hey the zip line is a great idea. Nate continues to impress me with his handy man skills. I bet Belly likes it a lot better too.

How fun at your age and marital status to still be able to play doctor! We should all be so lucky.
You have a lot of awfully cute patients there.

I am very excited for Liv to learn to play tennis. It must be in her genes.

Jen said...

I love the zip line, and I hope you figure out a way for Liv to have fun on that as well.

I appreciate the pictures of your furry beast. I haven't seen one for a while and she is definitely getting big.

Ang, I hope your tests go well, Liv, I hope that you have a blast with tennis, and Lex, I know you'll rock with soccer!

Denise said...

Thanks for the update Nate! The zip line is a perfect idea for sure. Puppies will just drive you nuts.

I miss you guys and I am excited to hear Liv is going to start tennis lessons. xoxo

Kellie said...

Oh man with all the problems the Murray family has had we wish you where here in Utah to play doctor!

Shelly said...

We need an update on how all your tests went today Angie, we were thinking about you...