2.09.2009

Ice Age II: The Melt Down

Well the bathroom situation got a little worse this weekend due to some warmer temps!


We woke up Saturday morning to a small pond in the bathroom, the pictures I took all turned out to dark and I cleaned most of it up before taking pictures, so these pictures are pretty lame.
Most of the water was coming in through the bathroom vent and it doesn't look like there is any damage up there but we will see, we have someone that is supposed to come and look at it today.




Nate ended up on the roof with a chisel and a hammer to tackle mother natures ice sculpture that was melting and causing the majority of the leak. Refer to the roof picture on our previous post if you want to see how big it was. He then shoveled up as much of the snow around this fine patching job the previous owners did.




I am so happy to see some green lawn, I think we actually get a few days in the upper 50's this week so hopefully the majority of the snow will melt. I will be so glad when this winter is over.

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

That looks a tiny bit dangerous. I'm glad you guys are looking it over, but why are you not letting professionals do it?

AARON! Where are you?

You grass is actually greener than mine. That is kind of scary.

Ang said...

We have a guy that is coming today to look at it, hopefully he can do something to get us through until we can put a new roof on.

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys are having someone come out to fix the problem. My stomach cramps up in knots for you every time I think of it.

Good luck!

Jessica said...

I cant believe with all the snow you have had that there is actually grass peeking through. You must be enjoying sort of warmer temps.
Good luck with the roof situation.

Tiff and Trev said...

Yikes! Glad you have someone coming to look at it. Pretty convenient for the previous owner that you bought during the summer! It's nice of them to patch it up...but not fix it...

Shelly said...

I guess Nate isn't afraid of heights like the rest of his family. I'm glad that you have called in the 'proffesionals'.

Isn't it time for Spring?!! As I look our the window and see the snow coming down...

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N and J said...

Nate always did a good job on roofs even when he fell off into the snow-banks. If you can't get a quick fix, plastic sheeting will protect an area until Spring comes. We really got dumped on today with about 10 inches of heavy heavy snow. Hope the storm is not heading East. Can't believe Lex will be turning 13 on Friday the 13th and you living in eerie. Please don't adopt a black cat. Love ya all====

Denise said...

Nate...get off the roof before you throw your back out!

I saw that you guys are in a high pressure so hopefully you will get some nice days. We are now in low pressure of course.

Unknown said...

I was also going to comment about Nate falling off the roof! Sheesh that must have been 20 years ago. I hope you were able to stop the water for the time being.