2.13.2009

13 on Friday the 13th.... SPOOKY

I can't believe Alexis is officially a teenager! The time just seems to slip away so fast.
Happy Birthday Lex!


Nate and I bought her some new accessories for her bedroom for her birthday. I don't dare buy her clothes anymore so we bought her this cute zebra patterned chair and the night stand next to it.
I thought these framed butterfly's would also look nice, I can't tell if the teen is impressed or not!
We also got her a few other small trinkets... a movie, a game and a gift card. Kids are so spoiled these days. Liv made her this beautiful woven heart and Lex was such a sweetheart about it, one of those few precious moments that are fewer and farther between these days.
Lex invited over some friends for a slumber party, she was not interested in having a theme party this year, I have to admit I was a little bummed! I was really excited about the whole Friday the 13th thing but have learned my lesson that an excited parent is a dorky, obnoxious parent! Here is me taking a picture of Lex AFTER she blew out her candles, my reflexes are getting slower as I age, at least that is my excuse for my crappy photography skills.

Here is a group shot of the girls before they kicked me and Nate out to listen to music at an ungodly volume (oh my God I am old) and watch some scary movies. When the music stopped we were so relieved only to hear screams and shrieks every few minutes from the movie. They are playing with the ouija board later so I am sure we are in for a long night of FUN!






I did manage to ask the ouija board one question.... will we get any sleep tonight?

12 comments:

Sheryl said...

Holy Crap! That is a large pile of girls for a sleep over. Have you lost your minds? LOL

It looks like a lot of fun. Happy Birthday, Lex. I think the new bedroom furniture and accessories are really cute. I hope you think so too.

I hope you are having a blast for your birthday.

Love you!

Matt-n-Jef said...

So what was the answer on the OUIJI board.. or did I miss the context of it.. Happy, Happy Birthday LEX..

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Lexi!! I've been thinking about you all day long. It looks like you are having a fabulous time!! You are one popular girl to have that many friends.

Might I add, Nate and Ang, you need 'the parents of the year' award. There is NO WAY I would consider having that many girls under one roof. You guys are either the best parents ever, or you're crazy!!

We love you Lex!!

Grandmajoann said...

What a special day for you Liv. I hope you had lots of fun. But, be careful what you ask that board. I think it really works. I once asked it who I would marry and it gave the initials of DAW! Did that come true?
What a fun group of girls. Are they on your basketball team? Happy Birthday!

Ang said...

Yes we are definitely crazy! The best part of the night was when the carbon monoxide detector went off at 3 am right outside Liv's bedroom. The only people that heard it were the teenagers in the basement that were still awake! My worst fear of not waking up in an emergency just came true... I think the detector is faulty but still it waas a test and we all failed!

There were a ton of screams coming from the basement while they were playing the ouija board so I guess they had fun. The picture I took Jef had it pointed to No, apparently you are older than me and don't get it (hee hee)! And oh my goodness it came true!!!

Sheryl said...

Well perhaps you got a little more sleep than you thought you did. You slept through the 3am carbon monoxide emergency!

Jef, you need glasses.

N and J said...

So Lex it would be fun to hear from the birthday girl. How did things go. I remember a party I went to with a ouiji board. I still get scared thinking about it. My 13th birthday party was in Grandma Kemp's basement. It was my first boy girl party and I had a live band,(made up of 13year old boys.)It looks like you have a ton of friends, and the best parents and sister in the world. What more could any teenager ask for. Love you and can't wait to hear what you thought of your Friday 13th, Erie PA birthday day.

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday, LEX!!! Hope you had an awesome day...it looks like you got spoiled! We love you and miss you! I can't believe you're a teenager! I remember the day you were born! CRAZY! Love you lots...

P.S~ Lex, you are very lucky to have such cool parents. Not that Grandpa Barnes wasn't cool. You're just lucky.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. Just letting u kno that the Ouiji bored did not work. the screams were from the moves we watched.

Thanks mom thanks dad love you tonnsss!!!!

Jen said...

The party looks like it was a blast. I hope you had a great birthday, Lex!

Denise said...

How fun! Of course Alexis looks beautiful!

I also have a Ouiji board. I asked it if I would get to buy Chili the horse it said no. I asked why and it spelled money. YEP!

Kellie said...

Wow I cant believe she is 13 either! Time goes by even faster when I see you guys maybe once a year! Happy late birthday to Lexi!