8.24.2010

Summer is winding down

I can't believe that summer is ending! This past month has gone by so fast I feel as if we haven't even been able to catch our breath. Last week Lexi was lucky enough to have one of her friends come stay the week with us. We decided to go check out the county fair (aka: total money pit). Here Lex and her friend Ali on the first row of some spin and puke ride.


Liv on yet another spin and puke ride....



And Liv again on some sort of human hamster land.



I was lucky enough not to have to go on any rides!

Ali and Liv gave Lexi a beautiful makeover... it could be a great new look for the first day of school!


When I took Lexi's friend Ali back home to Erie, Liv was able to spend the day boating with one of her friends. The girls are really missing their friends but they have both been adjusting pretty well.



Lex is in the middle of soccer tryouts for the high school team. I think today they might find out which team they made, I'm sure she will post on FB when she finds out. Lex also got her schedule for school yesterday and we spent some time wandering the halls of her new school. This is her school below, it is a beautiful old building.



I have less than a week left of my vacation and I am still painting. I don't know if I am going to get all of it done, the baseboards and trim have proved to be incredibly time consuming. We also started cleaning up some of the over growth in the front yard so I should have some more pictures of our projects this weekend if we hustle! I start my psychiatry rotation next and I will keep you all posted on how much "fun" I have.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

I'm glad the girls have had some time with their friends. I'm sure it is kind of a pain driving back and forth to Erie, but kudos for being willing to do it.

I can't wait to hear about the soccer team and will check out facebook as soon as I get home today.

I sure would have loved to dig in to that front yard with you!

Jessica said...

I so admire you for all the time you spend with your girls and all the fun things you do, I wish I had the patience and hopefully will as Katie gets a little older(she is still so whiney) Good Luck with the painting, I cant wait to see after pictures as everything you do looks amazing!

Jen said...

It always looks like a party at the Barnes house. Dang I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Exactly.. where did this whole summer go... I didn't even get enjoy it... It has been cold until just this last week... Summer just arrived here this week, so seems like it just began...

Grandmajoann said...

I am always amazed at how much you can get done and how many places you can go. What a fun family! Good luck on your next rotation. We love and miss all of you.

N and J said...

Wish we could go on those puke rides with the girls. On second thought if they were too daring for you, Angie, we better rethink that wish. Glad you could have some fun times with the kids before getting back to the grind. The psyc rotation sounds interesting but no wishes for that opportunity. Good luck for this new phase of your lives.