8.04.2010

Mom and Jen in Buffalo!

Our first visitors in Buffalo, yay! The week started with a "fabulous" architectural tour by yours truly. Slightly scary because I was driving and, let's be honest, I am a horrible driver. Of course I did not take my camera anywhere so the only pictures I took were with my phone... Jen will hopefully post a few on the blog or FB. The tour was a pretty big flop, what can I say, I suck!

The second day we decided to cross the border and check out Niagara-on-the-lake. It was a beautiful little town with gorgeous homes, shops and scenery.







We walked down this little path along the shore line and followed it down to some really nice homes with lake front property... I would love to live their, maybe some day?










On our way home from Niagara-on-the-lake we stopped by the American side of Niagara Falls just to take a peek. The girls climbed up for a photo shoot on this statue of some dude that I can't remember what he did or what his name was!






Of course we did plenty of lounging!




Mother couldn't keep her hands out of my unruly "flower beds" that need so much work and major amounts of weed killer.




These are a few of the "treasure" mom found lurking beneath the ground cover. My only wish is that we would have found the statue before Jen left so I could have hidden it in her suitcase!




Me and mom also tackled the girls bathroom. I had chiseled the lovely sailor tile chair rail a few days ago and she helped me putty the holes. This morning I sanded, then puttied, then sanded again... paint will have to wait... pictures soon!

Miss you two already but I am excited for Steph, Brian and Ava to get here tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I Can't wait to see pictures of your house. Sounds like you're enjoying your vacation! :)

Grandmajoann said...

I cannot believe how well you keep this blog up to date. Thank you so much. I loved the pictures and can just feel the love oosing around all of you. What fun and I am so glad that Mom and Jen could come and that Steph is coming soon. I am anxious for house pictures also.

Jen said...

I also miss you guys already. You have such a cute house in such a cute town.

I'm glad I wasn't there for you to smuggle some more yard "art" into my suitcase for me. I still have the ceramic rodent (squirrel, bunny, I can't remember what it is) but the gnome has long since gone missing.

P.S., the statue is Nicola Tesla, a Serbian immigrant to the U.S. who was a pioneer in the field of electromagnatism and was widely regarded as one of the greatest electrical engineers of his time. Possibly he had something to do with harnessing electricity from Niagra Falls?

Sheryl said...

I had such a good time with you all, and miss you to death again all ready. Your house is adorable, and I know you will have it whipped in to shape in no time. I would be happy to come pull weeds, paint, etc any time.

Ang said...

I love that you remembered Tesla's name and looked him up! I can always count on you for the random info that I need! If only I could have snuck that fairy into your suitcase...