8.14.2010

3 Rooms Transformed

This week I got to work on a few of our projects. I had mentioned before that I somehow found myself with a chisel and hammer in the girls bathroom one day.... mom helped me putty the damage when she was here!

Here is the before pic of the bathroom... I was not diggin' the nautical theme. The tiles had sea shells, anchors and ship wheels on them, HIDEOUS!!



Here are a few after pictures! So glad the tile is gone!





When the girls first started telling me some of their color ideas I was a little hesitant... but oh how I was wrong! They did such a great job picking colors and accessories. Here is a before picture of Liv's Room... ugly boyish blue with some sort of home made "art" on the wall.


Her new room in underwater blue, chocolate brown and red! Liv wanted a canopy bed so I did my best to accomodate... I think it turned out pretty cute.





Liv is pretty pleased with this space behind her clothes in her closet... she has pillows and a flashlight so she can hang out back there!



I thought I had a couple of pictures of Lexi's room but I guess I didn't. Her room was just really plain, here is a before picture of the wall in front of her closets... it's all I had!


Lexi decided on some shades of purple. We also repainted one of the sweet chandeliers from another room in the house and somehow I managed to hook it up without electrocuting myself... of course I did a crap job of it and Nate had to help me when he got home from work with some rewiring.








Spoiled... they are spoiled rotten! Today Nate is going to help me tackle the family room/kitchen area. We will see how much we get done. My hand is totally cramped up from doing the girls rooms this week. Have I mentioned how much I HATE painting, it really is awful!

9 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

I love it!!! I'm so impressed with the colors too! I love the blue/brown/red...I would have never thought of those colors together! I hope you're enjoying yourself during your break...and not spending it all working!!!

Oh, and on another note, I read that there was a shooting in Buffalo today...hope it didn't affect you guys at all... I love all of you!!

Ang said...

The shooting was downtown Buffalo at like 2am... no we certainly were not affected!

Sheryl said...

Once again you have taken a whole bunch of nothing and are quickly tuning it in to something special. You sure do have an eye for design. The girls seem to have inherited it. Thier rooms are adorable, and I wouldn't believe the change in the bathroom if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Shelly said...

Wow, you do have an eye for decorating! I love it! Good luck with your kitchen and family room as well. I can't believe what a difference a couple cans of paint can make! :)

~Cynthia~ said...

I am astounded by how much you accomplish so quickly. All the rooms look marvelous. You all have great taste and great decorating abilities. I hate painting also and I really need to tackle the entire main floor this winter while I have no yard work to do.

Jessica said...

The girls rooms look so good, Maybe I could hire them to design Katies room when we are ready. Because i lack any kind of a design eye at all.

N and J said...

Are you sure you and Nate don't want to make career changes? Things look great. It probably helps to have the girls pushing slightly to get things done "their" right. You guys do beautiful work.

Jen said...

WOW! I can't believe the changes in those rooms. They are absolutely gorgeous. I can barely believe that is the same bathroom.

Unknown said...

Wow.. Great Job.. You managed to do all of that in a week? Impressive. Its taking me a year anymore to do projects.. So over them..