8.08.2010

Picture overkill

Together Steph and I would make the perfect blogging team. I am in love with her new digital SLR camera! She took over 300 pictures while she was here and you know that I love to blog so we would be a dangerous duo to say the least!


Here is a sampling of our weekend together! Our first excursion was to the U.S. side of Niagara Falls. Having been to both now I will say that Canada has a beautiful street to walk down and the best view of the Falls. The U.S. has an amazing park with a lovely path that weaves through creeks, rivers and trees, and it still has a pretty good view of the Falls.










We had a lovely picnic before we explored.































This time we decided to take the journey on the Maid of the Mist. Here she is when viewed from the top of the Falls.



Here we all are in our awesome blue poncho's!










It was definitely well worth the boat ride to get to see the Falls from below. A totally different view... pretty awesome! Here are a few pictures of the American Falls.




The mist was so extreme under the Horseshoe Falls that we didn't get a picture of it from below.

Our second excursion took us on my lame architectural tour... again... same outcome! Shocking, I know! So we ended up at the Canal and took a look at the naval ships, while we had some ice cream.




















Ava and Liv loved to play on our swing set.




And if our swing set wasn't enough, they found one to play around on at our third excursion to a Taste of Williamsville which was taking place in one of our village parks, Island Park. A bunch of tents were set up where you could sample several tasty treats from local restaurants. And of course there were a few fun games set up for the kids.





Ava mastered the ring toss.



Liv rocked the fish flip.



And we all had fun teetering and tottering





A quick walk across the street from the festival took us over to Glen park which is home to our pretty little waterfall. Liv and Ava had a great time crossing the rocks and floating Ava's prize duck, from the ring toss, down the creek.



















We feel so fortunate to have had family here all week to share our new home with! We loved it and NEEDED it so badly! The house seems so empty tonight... who's up next?

9 comments:

Jen said...

I loved all of the pictures. I want to go back!

Sheryl said...

Wow, you guys did do a great job. I'm so glad that some of you are smart enough to bring your camera. Now if we could just get Steph back on the blog full time. It looks like you had a ball. I'm ready to come back and it is killing Rick.

PS It looks like Brian had a good time on the swing set too!

Unknown said...

I am jealous of all you guys, always being able to travel around and see each other and places all the time.. Guess thats the trade of living in expensive San Diego.

N and J said...

Loved the pictures and captions. All of the girls are gorgeous. What a fun adventure for everyone. Wish you were closer. We still miss you tons and love you more.

thebeaver said...

Great job on the blog, beautiful pictures,gorgeous girls...I love being a part of this family!!! Can't wait to see ya'll...Love you all.

~Cynthia~ said...

It looks like another fun and successful visit with family. You sure do know how to entertain your visitors. I think it is great that everyone can take time to come see you.

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty fun week enjoying all your family. Love all the pics of your cute girls, especially the ones in the blue ponchos.

Grandmajoann said...

I loved seeing you all together! I can feel the love. I bet Nate was glad to see another MAN in the crowd! It is always nice to have you blog your little excursions.
Wish I were next to come.....

Steph Thompson said...

Get those hideous close-ups of me out of here!!! I will now just be emailing Ang all of my pics and she can blog for me...fair trade? I wish we could have stayed longer!!!