4.06.2010

New Roof

Our new, pretty green roof went on today. Wishing we would have done it sooner so we could have enjoyed it but better late than never! I guess the area that it had been leaking from was totally jacked up, the roofer said that it looked like it had several "repairs" over the years... just glad it is fixed!


We still haven't had an offer on the house yet. A couple people are interested but have to sell their homes first, which is nice to know. I just want it to be done with already, keeping the house clean has been a nightmare! I am also really sad to report that the cute gray cape cod house in Buffalo that we loved has a contract on it... I am secretly hoping it falls through just in time for us to snatch it up. I guess that is why we shouldn't be too serious about looking right now, it is really hard not to get attached!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Selling a home is such a nightmare! I am glad you have the new roof on. I'd meant to ask you if you'd had the leaky part repaired again. I don't know how you've lived with it as long as you have. For some reason I have a real strong fear of leaky roofs. I literally have nightmares about my roof leaking, and have for years!

I'm sorry the house you liked is under contract. I will keep my fingers crossed that it falls through just in time for one of these other people to sell their home and make an offer on yours. Your house is so cute I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a hot item.

Ang said...

Your nightmare... our reality!

Grandmajoann said...

Gee, the roof looks great. Iam sorry that you have to sell it.
I hope you find something right a way, for house hunting and selling is a real pain! Once you get settled you should be able to stay put for a numer of years won't you?
What a nice picture of the house. How is your weather now days!

Sheryl said...

I love the green roof. It really make the house look refreshed and new. I would not have thought of doing green. Very good choice!

I am sorry the cute house is under contract too, but what I know is that something else just as nice will come along. They always do. We still have our fingers crossed for a sale soon. I feel your pain!