1.09.2010

January in the Northeast

Last weekend Nate and I decided to paint our upstairs den, hall and bathroom, these were the last rooms that needed it so I am glad to finally have it done. I chose a neutral cinnamon color, which I think turned out quite nice.




Of course the bathroom still has the ugly 1970's yellow tile but I think this wall color tones it down a bit and makes it more tolerable.... okay it is still quite hideous... but I only have to look at it for a few more months and then it is somebody else's to hate!



The den is pretty plane but there is nothing quite like a fresh coat of paint and I am the only one that really uses it so, for now, it works for my needs.





Me and the kids are back to school and none of us are too happy about that but it is what it is! My semester ends May 14th and then I am scheduled to take my first board exam June 4th... which I am thinking of switching to May 28th so I can have Memorial weekend off and a week break before I start my first rotation June 7th.


Nate was given the opportunity to do some training in the Erie office for the next couple of months, which is really nice and couldn't have happened at a better time with this WONDERFUL winter weather we have been having. The roads in PA are absolutely atrocious, you cross the state line into NY and they are unequivocally 10 times better... I guess in PA they haven't heard of salting the roads... or getting up before 8am to plow. Now Nate is working two days a week up in Buffalo and three days here in drerie. We are really anxious to see what this will mean for his career and can't wait to relocate to Buffalo this summer... hoping we can sell this house in this crap hole economy!





Now that winter is here to stay I've been shoveling, and shoveling, and shoveling... and I am totally sick of it!










I think the only one that loves this weather is Bella. After our morning walk I usually shovel and she sits at the door and whines so the last couple of days I have let her come out with me while I shovel the driveway and she has been pretty good to stay close. This morning was a good test for her because I had her out while Liv and the neighbor kids walked to the bus stop and she was such a good girl to sit and watch her. She did whine a little while she looked at me, and then at Liv, and then back at me, but she knew she wasn't allowed to go with.





She is so pretty to watch when she is running around in the snow outside (of course I am her momma and a little biased). She was frantic this morning because the birds were up in the neighbors trees and she loves to chase them when they swoop into our feeder.
As a side note:




......I think I saw a Pileated Woodpecker today... I am 95% sure of it... and really excited! They are about the size of a crow and very shy so I am hoping it comes back so I can make a correct I.D. and enter it in my birding notebook!




Even Baby ventured out today for a second on one of Bella's well worn paths... she is such a ninny muggin... I do love her!


4 comments:

Sheryl said...

The paint looks fantastic. The bathroom pics are a bit hard to see the color, but the den sure looks nice. Good choice.

I have to say that the snow is really pretting. It looks so powdery and white, and Bell do seem to be having a good time, she really do! I do remember how I hated shoveling it though. On the upside, it has to be good exercise I suppose.

We are thrilled to hear that Nate is working in Erie a few days a week. How nice. It is like getting a little raise not having to buy gas to commute everyday. And how wonderful to have some TIME back.

We really need to get up to visit soon. I'm sure the flying back there is a nightmare right now though.

Thanks for being so diligent in keeping us up to date!

Unknown said...

Definately a Pileated Woodpecker!
Awesome, aren't they?

Jen said...

Bella wants to come be a mountain snow dog with Shady. I love it when she goes off the well worn path and has to leap her way through the snow.

We are getting a little low on the snow right now. As much as I hate to shovel it and drive in it, we could sure use some snow to clear out the air. It is also starting to get a bit muddy up in the mountains where we hike.

I love the paint, and it is fantastic that Nate gets to spend some time in Erie, especially during the winter. I hope you guys are able to sell your home easily. You have done such a great job decorating it that I can't imagine that it will be hard to sell.

Good luck!

Grandmajoann said...

You certainly have done a lot to your house. Someone is going to be very lucky not having to paint it right away. I have sure learned to appreciate good old Utah, with just enough snow to enjoy it. Most of it stays in the mountains. How can we be so lucky! Love ya and thanks for all the wonderful blogs.