1.31.2010

January Happenings

Oh how winter just keeps dragging on...

Even though the days are short, snowy and miserably cold somehow this month has flown by. The girls are busy as usual... Lex with basketball, soccer and snowboarding .... and Liv with tennis, flute and girl scouts. Lex got voted cutest girl in class for the yearbook last week and also decided to try out for the school play... she will be playing the part of Prince Ali Baba's attendant in their production of "Aladdin" so we will be looking forward to that.


Bella is learning to "sit and wait" at the door before she is allowed out and she is making some really good progress... we still have more work to do but she is working really hard. And, Baby just got fat this winter. The pint sized animal managed to gain 2 pounds! Here is a picture of Liv's favorite thing to do with her back fat... put it in a pony tail!



Nate and I may also have gotten slightly more round (let's just say medical school and a new job have not been kind to our waistlines) BUT we have gotten ourselves under control and are shedding the weight even as we speak as we have been rocking the special K challenge. I am 3 lbs away from my goal weight and victory will be mine!

Nate is still working half the week here and half the week in Buffalo and it looks like they want him to learn as much as he can before we relocate so it will probably continue for another month, maybe two.


Here is one of my study buddies that found a comfy spot around my neck to help me cram for an exam the other night. School is coming along for me, I am becoming more and more anxious for my first board exam and the start of clinical rotations so I will continue to whine and bitch through it. Not much to say about it... hate it, it sucks, I am miserable but it is self inflicted misery so I will keep trying to suck it up!

I anxiously await the oversized rats prediction on Tuesday, and cross my fingers for an early spring for all of us!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Good update! Nothing ever slows down at your house. It makes me tired just reading about it.

Sounds like baby needs to get on the Special K diet, and I should definitely be on it with her, but I suspect neither one of us will. =)

It does seem like January flew by. I don't know where the time goes.

Jen said...

Oh, Baby! Just keep telling her that she is the cute, skinny sister even if she isn't. So far it is working for Peanut.

I'm another one that should join the Special K diet but wait, I can't eat Special K, so I guess I won't.

Good luck to Lex with the play. I'm sure she will be fabulous.

Denise said...

I am sure Lex did get voted cutest girl...what is next a reality show? President? First woman on an NBA team? The kid never ceases to amaze me.

I quit special K. Starting the HCG diet tomorrow. Gonna lose the weight!!

Ang said...

Baby will always be the cute skinny sister... ha ha!

Jen, this gluten free diet is crap... and I am not the one on it!

I don't know what the HCG diet is D, your going to have to let me know. I went off the diet this past week and ended up gaining half a pound back, I seriously can't be trusted with portion control!

N and J said...

Lexi congratulations on making the play. You will have to let me know if you like being in it. I loved being in the school plays. After the first one in junior high I was hooked. Tiffany however got involved in the plays in high school. She didn't care for it much.