9.06.2009

A Relaxing Weekend

Last weekend we had the start of competition soccer and this weekend we had the start of Middle School basketball. Lex wasn't sure whether she was going to be a starter, but her parents were pretty confident. It turns out that her parents were right, again, and she is the starting off-guard for the JS Wilson Rams. The season kicked off with a tournament held on Friday and Saturday. We lost our first game, because I think most of the girls were a little nervous. The 2nd game was against a team that beat/annihilated us several times last year . It was a pretty close game most of the way and kept us on the edge of our seats. It was one of the most entertaining basketball games I have EVER watched. Our star guard had 7 points, 3 steals and a couple of assists. We ended up taking 3rd place in the tournament and got a really nice plaque.









Since Liv had to spend Friday and Saturday watching basketball, I told her I would take her to play some miniature golf. If you have ever played mini-golf or anything else with Liv, you realize pretty quickly that she is very competitive just like her MOTHER. After beating her dad by 2 strokes in mini-golf, she came home and snuggled her sister, until they both fell asleep.





The dogs were feeling a little neglected, so today we decided to have a barbecue outside and play with them in the yard. Liv decided she wanted to play some croquet and as you can tell from the pictures, Bella and Baby had a fun time playing as well.




Tomorrow we are going to Cedar Point Amusement park in Ohio. It currently holds the world record for the most roller coasters (17), one of which, Top Thrill Dragster, is the world's second tallest and second fastest roller coaster. IF I survive, I will document that in another post.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are so busy, I dont know how you keep it all straight! Way to go Lex you can only get better from here.

Grandmajoann said...

What great girls! Keep going you girls. Just keep whipping your dad Liv. It is so fun to read your posts and see your pictures. The girls are really pretty and growing up! I will hardly know them IF I ever see them again.

Jen said...

Go Rams! Lex, I hope this is the start of a great season for you.

Liv, way to go on the mini golf. NEVER let your dad beat you!

Have fun on the roller coasters. I may need to take a Dramamine just thinking about it.

N and J said...

It looks like Lex and Liv both have inherited their dad's "Eye of the Tiger" and mom's "Watch out here I come" traits. We miss the girls so much and their zeal for life. Wish we were there to witness them develope their talents. Gee I wonder if an aging old man could be competitive with Nate these days. Oh to be young again. We love ya all.....

Sheryl said...

It sounds like a couple of fabolous weekends. I wish I could be there for all of it.

Lex, play on, player. I wish I had your energy and drive. Two sports at once. That's nuts!

Liv, rock on! Oh yeah, beating your dad at golf. You should challenge him to tennis too.

I can't wait to hear about Cedar Point. Iam jealous.

Shelly said...

It sounds like you guys are as busy as we are!! It seems like the older our kids get, the crazier our schedules become!!

Great job on your games Lex, I'm sure that you were the star of the show. I wish we were there to see you play. Sounds like Liv is quite the athlete as well beating her dad at golf!!

Wish we were closer to witness all of your accomplishments...

Denise said...

OMG!! I have heard of Cedar Point and alaways wanted to go. I hope it was so fun.

I am so proud of you Lex you just amaze me and I am so excited for you!

Liv I wish I was there to play a serious game of croquet with you. I hope you really whooped your dad.

Love and miss you guys!

Tiff and Trev said...

What a fun weekend!!! Wish we were there to cheer Lexi on! Hope you guys survived the amusement park!