9.12.2009

Cedar Point


We had originally planned on going to New York City over the Labor Day weekend, but that was before we realized Lex had her opening basketball tournament for the year. Liv was pretty disappointed because she had done a lot of research and she is definitely a girl that enjoys a vacation. After trying to come up with several ideas, we settled on Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. Liv, Lex, and I packed up the car and left early on Monday morning. It's about a two hour drive from our house, and the weather looked a little "iffy", but it turned out to be a PERFECT day.





As the kids get older and our lives get busier, Ang and I are definitely realizing that the "quality" time spent with our girls is getting less and less. This was one of those trips that regardless of the cost or the damage to my stomach (15 roller coasters), it was PRICELESS. Lex and Liv were in rare form. They were great friends all day and Lex was even good about posing for pictures.




Cedar Point is located on a small island on Lake Erie. Every ride you go on you get a great view of the water. It is billed as the roller coaster capital of the world and it has three of the top ten, fastest and tallest roller coasters in the world. We ended up going on 14 roller coaster of every type and kind you could imagine, but there was one that we had to go on several times. The pictures below don't do it justice.






The ride is called "Top THRILL Dragster" and it is the second tallest and 2nd fastest roller coaster in the world. The ride begins at a start line and accelerates to 120 mph and then climbs 425 ft straight up in the air, before coming STRAIGHT down at a 120 mph. The entire ride takes 20 seconds. Liv at first refused to go on it, but me and Lex put a lot of pressure on her. As we stood in line I could see the fear on her face. When we sat down at the starting line, she told me she was TERRIFIED and wanted to get off. I wish I could have got a picture of her face. After the ride was over, she was so PROUD of herself she could not stop talking about it. She said she now dares to go on ANY ride.


If anyone likes fast roller coasters, this is by far the best amusement park I have ever been to. We had a great time and I think we will be going back there at least once a year. It is going to take that long for my stomach to settle down.






8 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun,kind of, I am not sure my stomach could handle that anymore. Me and Kay went on a similar coaster at Six Flags in Cali, although I am not sure it hit 120mph.

Sheryl said...

There is nothing that is as much fun as a good 'thrill' ride. It looks like you had a blast! I will definitely need advance notice next time so I can plan to come too!

Jen said...

My stomach is cramping up just thinking about it, but I'm glad you had a good time.

Shelly said...

You deserve mother of the year award going on those roller coasters, I would have thrown up after one!! I guess that means I'm getting old!!

Happy Anniversary Yesterday, I hope you and Nate a Fabulous day together!!

Marc T. said...

Now that is MY kind of vacation. Wish Shelly enjoyed the coasters as much as I do!

I agree with you on spending time with the kids is precious, and mine are still younger than yours.

You guys rock!

Tiff and Trev said...

How fun!!! I would have been right there with Liv and Lex wanting to go on the roller coasters again and again. I love them! I still remember going on Colossus the first time with dad, I was scared out of my mind, but loved it!! Liv is brave! I don't know if I would have dared to go on that scary of a roller coaster if I was her age!

N and J said...

What a fun trip! It's funny but I got more daring to go on those rides as I got older. Maybe older isn't wiser? We definitely need a bigger better park in our corner of the word. Lagoon just doesn't do it. Wish the girls were closer and would push grandpa on those kind of rides. I think grandma might be a little more squimish about that type of fun but who knows. We would probably try anything with the grandchildren, once. Thanks for sharing. Love ya

Unknown said...

Sooo fun! I LOVE amusement parks!! I want to go next time too. We miss you guys so much and really want to see you some time soon. We love you!!