5.14.2009

This and That

The last couple of weeks have been busy as usual. Alexis had her last soccer game of the season and it was a nail biter for sure. They played a county team, where they breed 'em burly and tripping and shoving are just part of the game. It ended in a tie game and was a blast to watch. She also just started working out with a competition team and will try out for the team next month. A couple of days ago her seventh grade chorus class held their spring concert. Liv, Nate and I played the part of Randy, Paula and Simon and critiqued all the songs of course! It was a nice concert with a Broadway theme, even though Lex said she lip synced on the high notes!

Olivia has been running us around in circles as usual. I am hoping she is done being sick for the year with the weather warming up and school coming to an end, we always tease her that if there is someone sick within a mile radius she will end up being the one to catch it. She ended up having a doosy of an infection a week and a half ago and we are finally nearing the end of her antibiotics. I have to admit I was a little excited to get a look in her ears and throat to see what an ear infection and strep throat looked like with my fun medical equipment! She brought home this beautiful art display yesterday and thought I would share it with you all.




Bella went in for her surgery.... we are so sad that she will never be a mother (NOT)! The first weekend home it didn't seem to phase her even though I misread the pain pills and was doubling up her dose, she was busy running and jumping around as usual. I freaked out and called the Vet just sure I had overdosed the poor animal, she reassured me that it was fine and then gave us some additional pills to sedate her because she was to active. This week has been fabulous and we would like a lifetime supply of these drugs. She sleeps all day and all night and is as cuddly as can be. One side effect we have noticed is that she is a little extra "licky" she just wants to lick your hand while she lay in your lap. (She reminds me a little bit of Bif or Da pig after we fried them in the sun) Here she is below with her "wife beater" on so she won't lick and bite at her stitches in a drug induced stupor, she looks so sleazy!

School is coming to an end for me, just 4 exams left and 2 weeks to go. I am so excited to be finished and enjoy my summer break I can hardly stand it!!
Denise and Brian... get here I am ready to sip some gin and juice out on the porch and relax!

8 comments:

Julie said...

I thought it was just the little kids that liked to play Doctor!
If you can't practice on your kids who can you practice on.
I'm glad school is winding down for everyone, enjoy the break!

Sheryl said...

I am sorry that Liv has been sick, but how fun for Ang to get in a little practice! I hope Liv is feeling better and up and running again.

It sounds like it is a good thing you are not going to Vet school. Drugging up an innocent puppy like that! Poor Belly. She do look cozy in the wife beater. She is an Erie gal for sure!

Shelly said...

Sorry to hear that Liv has been sick, good thing theres a Dr. in the house!!

Sounds like Lexi is still having fun playing soccer, I wish that we were there to cheer her on!!

I'm sure that you can't wait until you're out of school Ang. I hope that you are able to 'play' alot!!I can't wait until our kids are out of school, only 13 days left...That means summer is here and we can have some FUN!!

Jen said...

I read your blogs and I don't know how you guys do it. You seem to have all sorts of things going on all the time. I'm spending 2 hours a week in the doctor's office for shots an 1 hour a week with the dog trainer and I feel completely overwhelmed.

I hope that Live and Bella are both feeling better. Ang, if you can figure out a way to get a lifetime supply of those sedatives please pass some along to me. The coonhound is what is eating up all of my time!

Denise said...

I am so excited to come out! We will be sitting on the porch in no time.

Liv and I have that same sickness problem. I get everything.

I think that is hilarious that Lex lip sinked the high notes. That sounds like my girl :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe school is already coming to an end. Sheesh time flies!
Lex- I can barely hit the highest note a boy can hit. I am the queen of lip syncing! Good luck on making the competition soccer team!
Liv- I had your same immune system when I was younger. Although I may have faked some of it. :) By the way I LOVE your artwork. You have major talent girl!
Congrats to Ang for surviving the first year of med school!
Sooo...whats up with Nate?

Shelbi Jean said...

So do you actually "have" a summer break, or is it just the couple weeks off before the next one begins. I hated summer school! Yuck, yuck, yuck. Way to go on making it this far withough episodes of delerium. Good Luck Lex on the comp soccer tryouts next month. Hope you make it :)

N and J said...

Liv, I never get tired of seeing your beautiful artwork. You have such a talent. Lex I would have liked to be in the audience at the concert. I hope you keep up with performing. I really enjoyed it and it payed my way through college. I don't know where you get all the energy to be on all the teams you are on and seem to be one of the best players on each team? Ang I can almost feel the relief of school getting out from here. Hope you will have a great break. Haven't heard any more on Nate's job. Was it a go or were there still some problems and it didn't work out? Also I couldn't open up the attachments on the email you sent us. They are still a mistery! Inquring minds want to know?