1.19.2009

Millcreek Flame's

A couple of months ago we found a place in Erie for Liv to continue her "Hip Hop" dancing and yesterday was her first Hip Hop competition. We signed her up for the "local" team instead of the "traveling" team and we assumed that, like her dance in Utah, they would have a year end recital where they performed for their parents. We were wrong. We got the January schedule and in addition to the hour practices every Sunday; there is "local" competitions and rehearsals at least once a week and sometimes twice a week. The first competition was in New York about 45 miles away.

When we woke up on Sunday morning there was about a foot of snow on the ground. The roads were slick and the visibility was low, but we made it there in just over an hour. Liv and her team performed brilliantly as you can see in the pictures below.



There were about 45 different cheer and dance routines that were performed, so we had to sit through 3 hours on uncomfortable bleachers in a HOT gymnasium, but when our little girl got up on the stage and performed; it made it all worth it. Watching her for those 3 minutes and seeing the smile on her face, was priceless! Our camera ran out of memory, so we did not get the whole thing on video, but we have two more chances this week because she has a competition on Saturday and Sunday.

When we finally got out of there, it had snowed another six inches. There were cars in ditches that had slid off the road and there was one point during the "white-out" that we both thought we would become part of a pile-up, but luckily the rent-a-car got through the ordeal unscathed. As you can see from the picture, through all the oh-shits coming from the front seat; the beautiful dancer slept in peace.


13 comments:

Jen said...

All I can say is that you guys are definitely parents of the year. I don't want to drive around my neighborhood in the snow, let alone to another city.

Liv looks great, as always. Tell her that I am proud of her.

Jessica said...

How fun. I dont know how you guys keep up with it all. I thought I was busy. Liv definatly looked so cute and the smile on her face was priceless.

~Cynthia~ said...

Liv looks adorable, especially with that smile that is as big as that trophy. I'm glad you all made it there and back safely.

Sheryl said...

BIV! You didn't tell me about the giant trophy! Good golly, Miss Molly! You look like a totally cool pink gangsta'.

WE NEED VIDEO.

Thanks, mom and dad for making the horrifying drive. I have seen your roads, and I want to part of them.

Unknown said...

OYA!!!! liv i told u, u looked like a gangsta(:

Ang said...

I am such an idiot, I pulled out the camera to take the video and about 1 minute in the memory was full! I had taken several video's the day before of Liv and Bella in the snow and had forgotten to take them off! I am loser mom of the week... we will redeem ourselves this coming weekend... hopefully! Like Nate said we will have SEVERAL opportunities to get the video.

Ang said...

And hey Liv, you really are one sweet gangsta!

Shelly said...

It looks like you have a star on your hands!! You guys do deserve the parents of the year award. I wouldn't have made that trip in the snow, I would have been right in the middle of that pile up.

Tiff and Trev said...

I agree...you guys are awesome parents! The only way I could have made the drive is if Trev was driving. Marrying a Canadian does have a few benefits :o)!

Liv, you look beautiful!!! I can't wait to see video of the next one!

You guys have such talented girls!

Grandmajoann said...

Well I must say Liv, you look like a winner to me. What a giant trophy! I will be looking forward to the video of your next event. Congratulations......

Denise said...

Incidentally I am the pile up so PLEASE be careful. Liv is totally hip and gangsta I was so glad to go to her last performance here. LOVE YOU GUYS! XOXOXO

N and J said...

Awesome possum! Does this mean Liv can come dance with the bunnies. You know, hip, hop and hot pink bunnies. Our's need some company and real training. Liv you fit the bill. So glad to see those happy faces we miss so much. Love ya muchly....

Steph Thompson said...

Liv you look awesome! Watching your last dance makes me think of putting Beev into hip hop! You are one booty shakin girl!