9.13.2008

A night out

Nate and I finally had a night out without the girls, and it was about time! Every time we go out we say we need to do this every week and then the weeks seem to slip by and before you know it we don't even remember what it is like to go on a date.



Nate surprised me with a nice new jewelry armoire for our anniversary. I had outgrown my previous jewelry box and had things tangled and scattered in tupperware, so this was a wonderful present. Thanks Nate! I am so organized now it is ridiculous. I felt a little sheepish, I got Nate a watch and some other little things...next year I guess it will be my turn to spoil him.



We decided to try an Italian restaurant called Mi Scuzzi's for dinner. Nate golfs with a group of Italian guys that rave about the authentic Italian restaurants around here. Of course I forgot to take a picture before we went in, so this is a really crappy picture in the dark. It looks a little shady on the outside, it is tucked away in a residential neighborhood, but the food was pretty darn good, we don't think we can ever eat at Olive Garden again! I thought the best part of the meal was the appetizer, caramelized pear and onion pizzette smothered in gorgonzola cheese, delicious! Of course we ate way too much food, drank too much wine and came home with two tummy aches....that's what I call a good time.





This has nothing to do with our night out but since I am blogging....
Our bedroom wasn't really designed as a bedroom so we don't have a lot of closet space. I had been keeping my dresses and suits for school in the upstairs office closet and really wanted everything in one spot. The kids are still both asleep in the morning when I am getting ready and I hate traipsing upstairs on our creaky wood floors. So, I begged Nate to turn this corner of our room into my little dressing area. We picked out this plantation shutter divider and he is calling it my wall of shame. I am not impressed! I think it turned out quite cute. I would like to maybe put a little decorative table/vase or chair in front of the divider (all ideas are welcome) to add some color.

I really like having a nice, cozy, private area to get dressed and have all my school clothes in one spot. I am not ashamed!!!!

7 comments:

Steph Thompson said...

There is no need to be ashamed! Ahhh if only we could all have our own dressing corner! I'm glad you guys had a nice night out! Happy Anniversary!

N and J said...

Glad you guys could get a night out. I have to agree that Olive Garden doesn't match up to real Italian Food. The jewelry armoire is beautiful. Not that I am into jewelry or anything. That was a unique thing to do for a private dressing space. Where there is a will you guys seem to find a way. Happy Anniversary, Love, Julie

Grandmajoann said...

Happy Anniversary. And how nice for you to get out alone. What did you do with the girls? It would be very special if you could go out one night a week alone. Or even once a month would be nice. It really helps to keep you close. I love you. I think your jewelry case is lovely and your dressing space is divine!

Shelly said...

How lucky you are to have such a thoughtful husband. I wish I would have been there to take your kids overnight. As much as we love our kids, alone time is always a plus.

I'm glad that you had such a great anniversary. We love and miss you guys!!

Jen said...

Like Stephanie, I don't think that you have any need to feel ashamed about your closet arrangement. Since I too have converted a family room into a bedroom I know that you have to get a little creative in order to make things work. It's amazing how far a screen and some curtains can take you!

I am also jealous that you have a great authentic Italian restaurant in the area. Next time I come for a visit I want to go there.

Sheryl said...

I'm so happy that you guys got out and tried something local and new. That is awesome. How did the girls do? Equally as awesome I hope.

I am trying to visualize your dressing area. Where in the room is it? I think it is a great idea. We are very creative with closet space at our house too.

Ang said...

The dressing area is in the corner close to the bathroom where are dresser was. We moved the dresser to where we had the bathroom shelving unit and the shelving unit is now in the hall between our room and the garage door. It works.