10.09.2010

A party with new friends

Today we invited Liv's classmates over for her 10th birthday party.

Every year I say, "this is the LAST time we are having the party at our house, it is too much work" and every year we do it anyways!



Liv decided she wanted to do makeovers. So I let them loose with some makeup and I recruited Lex and her friend Anna to help me paint nails.



Here Liv is puckering up those beautiful pouty lips she was born with!








Every body's fingernails turned out beautiful.



Liv was showered with some fabulous gifts... clothes, jewelry, books, stuffed animals, crafts, makeup, even a lava lamp... I guess we can't be cheap when she gets an invite :)





Here we are with one of Liv's friends mom. Her name is Kimberly Thompson and she is the author of the book 'Toulouse on the Loose' among others. She gave Liv a signed copy so we snagged a photo with her before she left.




Then it was time for ice cream sundaes... the kids were slightly out of control, especially when it came to the whip cream.






Then with a nice sugar high they turned up the music and boogied down and struck a few poses. It was a pretty fun party!



A few other things that have been going on:


The tortoise formerly known as Gary is doing great, he has been renamed George.



The furry animals are doing good too. Bella doing her best to fit on the love seat with me.



Baby has started to curl up in one of the baskets I keep some throw blankets in... filthy animal!



The Homecoming Dance was a couple of weekends ago so here are a few pictures of Lex and her friends. She went with a group of her girlfriends... of course they met up with some boys later on.


They all met at one of her girlfriends' home for some before pictures.








Lexi and ONE of the cute boys she has been hanging out with lately... this gives me stomach ulcers!



Liv has been helping me take care of my friends cat this weekend. We had to lure him out of hiding with some treats to get him to come close to us the first day. Sorry for the crappy picture quality, all I had was my phone.




But we all became fast friends!


He loves Liv... belly rubs and being craddled like a baby, I am going to have to ask my friend to take regular vacations so we can spend more time with him.



I am thinking we NEED a cat.... he is sooooo cute and cuddly! Nate and his damn allergies, I am sure I will eventually come up with a plan to have one of these.


5 comments:

Tiff and Trev said...

How fun!!! Ang, you're awesome (and a little crazy) to have 14 tweenagers at your house! Liv's lucky to have such a great big sister to help out too! I can't believe she's 11! What's even crazier is Lexi! Holy Hottie! She has grown up SO SO much since you've left! I can't believe how gorgeous and mature she looks! I'd be nervous if I were you too...she's way too cute to be allowed in public!

Shelly said...

You win! You are an Amazing mom. There is no way I could handle that many girls at one time. I can't believe how similar Lexi and Liv are starting to look. They are both beautiful young ladies! And it looks like once again you threw and incredible party! Happy 10th Birthday Liv! :)

Sheryl said...

Man alive that party looked like fun. I wish I had been invited. I would have helped paint nails. It looks like you had a blast. I love the pic of Gary, er George. He is very cute.

Again, Lexi is the prettiest girl in her class. I loved the animal print dress! Ggrrrr.
Are you entirely sure about this cat thing? Ewww. Cats.

Jen said...

The reason you host a party at your house every year is because it is a heck of a lot cheaper to host 14 kids at your house than it is to take them somewhere! It looks like the party was fabulous, as always. I loved the Homecoming pictures as well.

Tell Nate to buck up and go in for allergy shots. It's not that bad, just 8 shots a week for 10 weeks, then 2 shots every other week for 20 weeks, then 2 shots every three weeks for the rest of your life! Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it....

Ang said...

Every year I think it is going to be cheap and it isn't... dang kids. Ya, Nate is going to get right on those injections, Jen! Probably a good thing he is allergic because I need another animal like I need a hole in my head!