10.31.2010

Halloween

Despite buying Lex a pumpkin to carve, she just never found the time to carve one. Liv was only willing to wait for so long and finally decided to go it alone.



She did a great job, this is the first year Nate and I let her use all the sharp objects all by herself. Super spooky!




Nate was able to make it to the Halloween parade at school, unfortunately this is the best picture he got of Liv. She is the blue crayon hiding behind her hat, what the? This child of ours is so strange sometimes!



Her and her friend, also named Olivia, dressed as blue crayons together (sitting next to her in the picture above) and went trick or treating tonight with a big group of friends.


Best part of the night, the sorting of the candy!



Nate and I stayed in with the animals to pass out candy, here you see the varying degree's of Baby's bitch-i-ness. Baby also did a ridiculous amount of barking, and Bella had a near escape when she was almost quicker than my cat like reflexes that snatched her by her tail and hauled her back in the house!




Lexi was off with her friends for trick or treating as a nerd and sadly I didn't get a picture of her (I am sure she will post some of FB)... I am losing my finesse, maybe I never had any!

In other news:
I still hate rotations. I can't think of anything nice to say so I won't say anything at all... still hoping that things will eventually get easier.

And.... Lexi was invited to play with the varsity soccer team during their playoffs (the only player they pulled up). She has been able to practice with them after school every day and during the first game got to play the last 20 minutes. This has been a really good opportunity for her, it is amazing the difference in skill and the level of play between JV to varsity.

And, also... Liv will be starting recreation basketball this coming week, so we are looking forward to that. Lexi will also be trying out for the school team in a few weeks so between the two they will keep us plenty busy.

Hope you all had a Spooktacular Halloween!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Well, after learning that Liv was returning her 'dead bride' costume, possibly for a pig costume, I was very surprised to learn that she chose a blue crayon! It was very cute, however. Her jack-o-lantern turned out super cute. She seems to be quite skilled with the sharp instruments.

How fun for Lexi to get to play some varsity soccer. I am super proud of her and wish I could come up to see a game. How many and when are they? I can't wait to hear all about both basketball teams!

Baby do look fairly bitchy in one of those photos, she really do.

N and J said...

Liv, your artist ability never ceases to amaze me. Your pumpkin is awesome. How fitting that an artist like you would go as a crayon for Halloween. It looks like you got quite a haul of candy! Hope you enjoy basketball, I am sure you will be good at it. Lex that is quite an honor to be called up to play with the varsity soccer team. You must be really realy good at both soccer and basket ball. Can't wait to see some more videos of your games. Happy Halloween Love, Grandma and Grandpa Barnes

Ang said...

Mom - it is single elimination at this point so the next game is Wednesday and if they win I think there is one Saturday. I told one of the other moms that their girls need to make it a blow out so Lex gets to play! We are really just excited that she gets the practice time with them... it is really helping her step up her skills.

Norm and Julie - don't look for soccer footage anytime soon, I didn't get any pictures this year. Both of our camera's have been giving us grief so it has been a bit of a hastle. Hopefully we get it figured out before basketball!

Jen said...

Way to go, Lex! That's awsome to be pulled up to the varsity team.

I'm glad everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. Liv looked great as a blue crayon, and I'm sure that Lex's costume was great as well.

If Bella would just leave Baby alone, Baby wouldn't have to get nasty with her!