10.03.2010

Double Digits

Livi turned ten yesterday... Happy Birthday!!!! We had her family party and next weekend we will have her friends party. She opened presents in the afternoon.



Lexi got her a beautiful Sister's necklace that is engraved with the saying, "Chance made us sisters, hearts made us friends." AHHH, melts my mommy heart!


Nate and I bought her a desert kit aquarium, with the promise of a trip to the pet store for a tortoise. Yes, a tortoise. We had been planning on getting her a fish aquarium, I had Jen feeding me info on various fish and maintenance. A few days before I went to purchase the dang fish stuff Liv mentions that what she really wants is a Russian tortoise, she asked for fish because she didn't think we would let her have a turtle. Of course, we are softies and now we are proud owners of a reptile!




We made a quick trip to the pet store where she snatched up her tortoise. Here he is... Gary Cornelius. Lovingly referred to as Gar Bear, like on Spongebob.


And as soon as she put him in his cage he buried his head in a corner, here is a great picture of his backside.



She had cleared this spot on her desk several weeks ago in hopes of an aquarium of some sorts for her birthday... the perfect spot.




Then it was off to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

















Liv decided she wanted the ultimate brownie with peanut butter cup ice cream for dessert. It was delicious! What a fun day... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Liv!



6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Yu u ummm, I love love love the Cheesecake Factory. It sounds like a great birthday, I think Gar Bear is so cute!

Jen said...

Liv! I was totally expecting to check out your new fish, not a tortise! I think a tortise is a great idea, and I hope you have fun with him. I am really put out that I didn't get to go to the Cheesecake Factory with you. I am even more put out that you have a Cheesecake factory in town and we didn't make it there while I was visiting you. I guess I'll just have to come back!

Ang said...

I told you this could be a slippery slope Jen... first a tortoise, next thing you know we've got a ferret!

We will definitely plan on a trip to the Cheesecake Factory next time you are here.

N and J said...

Glad Liv had a wonderful day. What beautiful girls, all three of you. Even Salt Lake has got into the Cheesecake Factory mania. It is one nice feed. Seems like only yesterday Liv was a baby almost beng kicked out of the hospital bed next to mom by a questioning older sister. Look at the sweathearts now. Life is good. Liv is good. Love ya=====

Grandmajoann said...

Olivia, you are beautiful! I can't believe you are so grown up. You left Utah a little girl, and now you are a beautiful young lady. I hope you are enjoying your new school and have lots of friends. Can you let your turtle out of the cage to run around the house? That would be fun. See where he likes it best! Have fun with Gar Bear......

Liv said...

Well his name was Gary but I had such a hard time calling him that, so I renamed him George!