12.18.2010

Watch out Lexi

7 steals... 6 rebounds.... 2 points and 1 dad that keeps track of her stats... for the win 15 to 13 today!!! Liv is catching up with her big sis fast!

Lexi and the Billies played in a tournament this weekend and took second place, way to go babe!!

I cannot believe Christmas is in less than a week, I would like to hit the rewind button please. I will be starting my 3rd month of internal medicine on Monday. Not a big fan of working 10-12 hour days and feeling like a complete idiot for 9-11 of those hours... thank god for lunch!!

Here are some of the highlights from my last rotation:

Attending: "How did you do in organic chemistry?"
Me: "Oh I was an average student, organic chemistry is a tough course."
Attending: "If you didn't do well in organic chemistry you should have gone into interior design."
Me: Jaw drops, quickly close my mouth, nervously smile and say, "Oh, uh huh" meanwhile, think to myself, "If I close my eyes will I just disappear???"

Attending asking one of his patient's: "Do you hunt squirrel?"
Me: with scared look on my face.
Attending: "My wife has a great squirrel stew recipe. Saute the squirrel in some olive oil and garlic and then add some sausage and chicken.... some veggies, it's great. The stew isn't any good if you don't add the squirrel. But you don't want to eat the red squirrels... they are a little tough and chewy. You know when a red squirrel moves into a territory all the other squirrels leave, they're terrible."

Attending: "Do you know what's wrong with medical student's these days?"
Me: "No."
Attending: "They don't know anything. The quality of education is horrible, you need more exposure to the basic sciences... in my day.... blah blah blah.... and did I mention that both my sons have PhD's in organic chemistry... blah blah blah.... etc."
Me: thinking to myself, "I would rather die than spend one more day with this redneck asshole who clearly hates me and every other medical student that walks the earth!"

This can't end soon enough... give me the strength to keep my mouth shut, put a smile on and the ability to get back up the next morning and do it all over again!

Hope you are all finished with your holiday shopping and get a chance to relax and enjoy the next couple of weeks!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

way to go girls, You have some serious skills! Ang, I think you automatically get an A for having to endure that.

N and J said...

How would it be when you are not only gorgeous but can also do the hoops. The girls are awesome. Nate better get back into training if he hopes to keep up with the girls this summer. As for poor Angie, looks like you have been working with a real red(neck) squirrel. Sounds like the Attending is big on power and short on humor. Just got to believe that "This too will pass" Hang in there girl.

Sheryl said...

Holy Cow Liv! I didn't know you were such a good basketball player. That is awesome, way to go.

Ang, can I just say that any doctor who also eats squirrel is just a big blowhard and is also probably just trying to make up for a small, well, you know. Mind. Ya, that's it, a small mind. :0)

Ang said...

Well you know what they say about small minds... even smaller... ??? LOL! One and a half more years of this crap, I am on the downhill side... I think ;)

Jen said...

Hey, can I get that full recipe for squirrel stew? Shady occasionally brings me one and now I know what to do with it!

Ang, I don't know how you do it.

Ang said...

Well Jennifer, the recipe starts with sauting the squirrel in some olive oil and garlic... then it sounds like you add things like chicken, sausage and some veggies to mask the actual taste of the squirrel!!!

Denise said...

This is so shocking LOL. And shocking that I am on the blog, I know. Go Team Barnes!