7.20.2009

What's a been happen'n hot stuff...


Liv has taken Ice T's motto to a whole knew level ever since Jen came to visit, "never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down"... the kid barely gets out of bed before 9 or 10 these days (HEAVEN)! She is definitely lounging this summer, which is easy to do here since it has been cooler and rainy on and off so far. We are hoping to get at least one good day at the beach this week. After bugging me for the past couple of years to learn an instrument I finally caved (because these kids need one more lesson, right) she will be starting to learn the flute as of tomorrow.



The sporty girl has been busy with camps, tryouts and tournaments.... and now on the injured list (she wouldn't let me take a picture with her head in it, blasted teenager). She did make the traveling competition soccer team, 10 girls tried out for 3 open spots and she got it, way to go Lex! This weekend she played in a basketball tournament put on by one of the local colleges with her middle school team. They won 2 of the 3 games they played on Saturday, but Sunday was really rough. After losing their first two games they played in a mini tournament, 2 minute games single elimination. In the first game Lex rolled her ankle and was out, her team went on to win and made it to the final game only to lose in a foul shot shoot out. We have been icing and resting it ever since, this afternoon she tried putting some pressure on it and we are happy to report it isn't hurting as bad. Hopefully she heals quickly because she has another basketball camp 9-4 every day next week and then her soccer team starts practicing the following week!



I took the plunge and decided to lop off my long locks! Liv took this picture with the cell phone right after I got done, sorry about the quality I will have to get a better picture up later. I really like it but am thinking of going a little bit shorter, the girl that cut it was mortified that I wanted it cut and convinced me to keep it longer than I originally wanted. So I will be going back to take off another inch or so off at some point. I only have two more weeks of freedom and then it is back to school for me and LECOM owns me again. I AM NOT READY!


Nate is loving his job, he is even playing a little basketball with a group during their lunch hour... just living the dream! We are still adjusting to his schedule, it is really hard not having him home until 7pm, there is just not enough time in the evening to get everything done. I am sure we will get used to it eventually though.
I have been busy updating our basement so I will post that project shortly... it is killing me but it should be done soon.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

FIRST of all, I LOVE your hair!! It's DARLING on you. You look even more 'hip' if thats possible than you did!! I'm all about short hair these days!!

I think being LAZY in the summer is a good thing. Ky doesn't get up until 9 or 10 either.

GOOD LUCK with your ankle Lexi, thats a big fat bummer...

Glad Nates job is going well. Wish we were closer so we could help you out more. We miss you guys!!

Jen said...

Nate may think that he is livin' the dream, but it seems to me that Liv has him beat. Way to go, girl!

Lex, I hope that your ankle is better in time for your basketball camp next week.

I love the hair, Ang. I wish that you had done it sooner so I could have seen it in person.

I am ready to trade some of this blasted heat for your cooler temps. The past week has been just too hot!

Grandmajoann said...

I like your hair a lot. You look more like your mom with it that length. Liv, how I would love to sleep in to 9 or 10 each day! You are one smart girl.
I am so happy for Nate. What a lot of nice things have happened since you got to Erie. And, how nice that you have shared it all with us....
Love ya all.

Grandmajoann said...

Lex, I am so sorry for your sprained ankle. It reminds me of your grandpa Arlyn and his basketball years. He missed the biggest tournament two different years with an ankle injury. The team thought they would have won the championship if he had been able to play. I hope it heals fast and that you can get back to it....

Denise said...

I am so glad Lex's foot is feeling better!!! Please rest it!!

Liv needs to keep us updated on how the flute goes.

You are so brave to cut your hair....i just can't do it.

Nate, I am so glad you are liking your job, but miss you!!!

~Cynthia~ said...

I am proud of Liv for learning to sleep in. I've been coaching Cayla on doing that all summer. Since I get up at 6 to work, it is kind of nice to keep the house as quiet as possible for as long as possible and of course the big sisters are very good at sleeping in. I've always thought flute music was beautful so I look forward to some flute music videos once Liv is ready to perform.

Sorry to hear about Lex's injuries. It's gotta be rough sitting out and watching your team play without you so I hope she's back playing again soon.

I love your hair. I finally went a little shorter with mine than usual and its about the same length as yours. I have found it easier to deal with but I can still stick it up in a clip when I don't want to deal with it at all.

I'm glad Nate's job is going well. The commute has got to be a drag, but if you enjoy what you are doing it probably makes it more tolerable.

Sheryl said...

Liv, you do look like a lounge lizard, you really do. I want to lay in bed until 9 or 10. Or even 7!

Lex, the ankle totally sucks. I hope it heals up quick so you can get back in the game. What is it with you and not letting us see your face? I will just have to come back sooner so I can see you!

Ang, love, love, love the hair. It was a good call. Is it as easy as you hoped it would be?

Nate, be careful with the BB thing. Even young folks get injured. You may want to invest in some high tops! LOL

Love you all!

Ang said...

I do love my hair and it is faster to dry which means faster to get it done!

Shelbi Jean said...

Ang- I love your hair! I remember when you cut it a few years back, it seems shorter than that and I love it on you! I am "inching" closer to hacking mine off, I just don't have the guts. Hope Lex feels better soon, Aub doesn't get up until 9 either. She is such a good sleeper- Lucky us :)